Little Tuning Help!

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Stixxss
Embryo
Embryo

Little Tuning Help!

Post by Stixxss »

Hey for some reason I cannot get my high E string in tune. I only tuned a guitar several times before so I am no pro, but i feel like if i go higher the string may break. any suggestions!!?
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

what kind of guitar is it? how old are the strings? What are you tuning it with?
Homeless Gerald
Axe
Axe

Post by Homeless Gerald »

the highest string is E as is the lowest so both strings should sound similar.Thats a start and anyway here in the uk strings are only ?1 each i can't imagine that they are that expensive elsewhere in the world.Take the chance and tune it or buy a tuner.
Avani
Knife
Knife

Post by Avani »

If it's not too old and is out of tune it shouldn't break. At least I haven't seen it yet. Try it. :)
Stixxss
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Stixxss »

Yeah I tried and had success! :) I have a American Fender Strat, recently purchased and I remain cautious around it still. I just recently had picked up a elctric guitar after playing a acoustic one for a few months have. Have yet to truly understand how to set up the two tone knobs. Also I dont really know what I am doing when deciding on a pickup. (3 single coils pickups) Its funny that songs i could play on acoustic dont sound right on electric. THe notes ring to long. SHould I always tend to palm mute a little when striking a chord? Any way thanks for your help so far
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

there two different guitars so they will sound different
you have to adjust to them both :wink:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Stixxss wrote:Its funny that songs i could play on acoustic dont sound right on electric. THe notes ring to long. SHould I always tend to palm mute a little when striking a chord? Any way thanks for your help so far
Try turning the input gain down and the volume up on your amp to get rid of some of that ringing!