Inspired by the floyd

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
mooninjune
Axe
Axe

Inspired by the floyd

Post by mooninjune »

Please could you listen to a track I've been working. Its influenced heavily on the late 60s to earlier 70s instrumentals they done. Could you pick out the good and bad points, tell me what you like or dislike. goto http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/opaltonicmusic.htm , the tracks called helms deep part 1.
cheers

I moved your topic to General Music discussion
Syd.
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

very good
i like that kind of music maybe you should piece them together and make an album try and stick a few uptempo tunes in there just to break it up or you could try doin some lyrics ...
ive only listened to the first one so ill go and have a listen to the others.
ive just made an acount on soundclick not a bad little site i didnt even know it was there till i read your post .
nice one. :lol:
http://www.soundclick.com/nonbeliever
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i like the last one maybe the drum pattern could have been a bit more old skool break beat .than a rock beat? but thats only my opinion
i think you sound like ORBITAL have you heard them ?
if not you should get your ears on some and go down that road?
have a butchers at this topic?
http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/for/v ... php?t=3392
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Very nice!!! NPF Forum has really talented members.... :wink: :D
mooninjune
Axe
Axe

Post by mooninjune »

All in all I hope people enjoy the music. I mean its not a rip off just influenced, like in the same style but a different approach, mind you the gong and cymbals remind me of an image of roger from live in pompei but at the end of the day its used to create an atmosphere and i think it does the job.
I really want the floyd fans to hear this track and hear there opinions so spread the word with views on the song. cheers
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

heres our insperation by the floyd
http://www.methodlab.com/members/jam2al ... gining.mp3
what dya reckon
mooninjune
Axe
Axe

Post by mooninjune »

Listened, to the tune mate. There was a definitive floyd sound going on which is pretty good. Sounds like there a bit glissando guitar playing with a slide heavily modulated, which i liked. On the downside its very poorly recorded and mixed. How did you record it? Try using a noisegate to filter out the hiss, also rather than a live performance record each track separately( thats how the floyd recorded!) Try to balance out each instrument so they are all audible and use compression on each track and the final mix, this will improve the overall sound.

Hope this was some help

Cheers
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

it was recorded on a tascam porta2 4track tape recorder on a normal tape when it should have been a chrome tape.(too much noise)
the tracks r recorded seperatly and the drums r being played like bongos
the drummer using his hands untill the beat kicks in and theres one guitar and then theres me on the on the other guitar playing the lead bit no slide .
we were just messing about although it sounds ten times better now cos weve got words and another guitarist and im playing the bass on it ..
we were quite drunk on that recording of it we did two tunes in a few hours and that was the last one :smt119 :smt033
cheers for the reply.