Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Eugene
Axe
Axe

Evanescense - My Immortal

Post by Eugene »

Hi!
This would be only a personal opinion.
I think the album version of "My Immortal" is better than the single version released just a few days ago.
I hate the guitars and drums final, I think the song is more interesting without these.

What do you think about????

Bye and be careful with that axe...
Eugene
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

This song is already a source of discomfort for me.

As a DJ in a strip club, I see some pretty juvenile stuff from time to time...grown women fighting over possession of a song, or even a group.

Evanescence is one of those groups that I've had to watch grown women fighting over who is going to get to dance to.

My Immortal has caused so much BS that the dayshift manager has titled the song "Buy Your Own Copy" on the computer system at work. This way, no one can fight over who's going to dance to it, because the song no longer appears to be on the computer...she and I both know that it's there and I can play it at MY leisure.

Which I usually don't do because of all the BS over it.

Another sore spot regarding this song is that a friend of mine died in an auto accident of Dec. 30 of last year and this song was played at his visitation.

So...I'm afraid that I really have NO positive connection with this song in any form.

Which is fine, since to me Evanescene is what happens when Christina Aguilera joins Linkin Park.

It's not really a good thing, IMHYOO.

Maybe their second album will be better.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Mosespa, just for a laugh you should agree to put the song on but then play ''Echoes'' instead and see if any of them can go the distance, if not then try to meet them half way with ''Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner'', could be worth a giggle:)
rockinroll_mister
Axe
Axe

Post by rockinroll_mister »

its cool that you dj in a strip club, thats a decent gig.

as far as the song goes... its shit, all popular music is generally shit. Where is the talent?
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I downloaded another version of this song, which is even more beautifull. I think it's a good song.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Listen to Lacuna Coil instead, much better band.
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

My wife and I bought the album, its got a couple of good tunes, I like Hello more than any of the others, she has a wonderful voice, but they beat the "lifes too depressing to continue/suicide" horse to death.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

seamusz wrote:I like Hello more than any of the others, she has a wonderful voice
I agree Hello is even better then My immortal
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

seamusz wrote:...they beat the "lifes too depressing to continue/suicide" horse to death.
But that's the "Goth" thing...don't you know.

I just wonder how many so-called "Goth" kids of today would continue to be "goth" if they knew what it really meant.

These days, "Goth" has been hi-jacked to refer to more of a Romainian type of romanticism...vampirism, gargoyles, etc. etc. etc.

In reality, the "Goths" were a barbaric tribe of Germans who invaded Rome during the Christian era.

goth

n 1: a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement [syn: peasant, barbarian, boor, churl, Goth, tyke, tike] 2: one of the Teutonic people who invaded the Roman Empire in the 3rd to 5th centuries [syn: Goth]

Source: WordNet ? 1.6, ? 1997 Princeton University
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Evanescense - My Immortal

Post by rosm »

Eugene wrote:...
I hate the guitars and drums final, I think the song is more interesting without these....
That's actually the only part of the song that I like. You like it so I won't be too nasty about it but the singer is exagerating the emotional part a bit imo.
RWpinkfloyd45
Knife
Knife

Post by RWpinkfloyd45 »

I love their album ... it's actually very good and I love the choir! Amy Lee has a superb voice as well ... plus I can relate to many, actually all, of their songs.
mosespa wrote:
seamusz wrote:...they beat the "lifes too depressing to continue/suicide" horse to death.
But that's the "Goth" thing...don't you know.

I just wonder how many so-called "Goth" kids of today would continue to be "goth" if they knew what it really meant.

These days, "Goth" has been hi-jacked to refer to more of a Romainian type of romanticism...vampirism, gargoyles, etc. etc. etc.

In reality, the "Goths" were a barbaric tribe of Germans who invaded Rome during the Christian era.

goth

n 1: a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement [syn: peasant, barbarian, boor, churl, Goth, tyke, tike] 2: one of the Teutonic people who invaded the Roman Empire in the 3rd to 5th centuries [syn: Goth]

Source: WordNet ? 1.6, ? 1997 Princeton University
Yes, we know where it comes from and we still continue to call ourselves it ... it just fits and I think the dictionaries should have the new meaning in them because 'goth' is a big part of society today (at least it is where I live) ... in my opinion, of course. :wink: