A formal apology to all.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

A formal apology to all.

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Hi All,

Firstly I guess I should apologise for why my last few posts have been so aggressive. I have good reason and those reasons are of a personal nature so I will summarise without going into too much detail. Basically a friend of mine who was only 26 years old committed suicide, needless to say this was pretty hard for me to come to grips with and as a result I ended up posting negative things towards fellow posters here who have nothing to do with my situation and are people that I really shouldnt have taken it out on, to those people I can only offer my apologies and hope they will be accepted. Secondly my reasons why it has taken me so long to post my apology are for a much greater reason and also a much simpler reason which is that I have been involved in many (yet more) personal things but I now hope to be able to make a positive contribution to this site again.

I am particularly glad to see that ''qjamesfloyd'' accepted my apologies for basically being the brunt of my aggression and I think its a shame that ''Tinkerbell'' apparently appears to have left because I moaned at her for moaning at other people, not wanting to cast aspurstions but she clearly appears to be someone who can dish but not take.

Anyway, I hope the above made the slightest modicum of sense, Im looking forward to contributing to this site again in a hopefully more positive way, I phrase it as such because I think the last 2 threads I started were about people dying!

Take care folks and I WILL speak to you all again soon, but this time nicely,

Cheers,
Stu.

Oh jeez, I messed this up, if a moderator could move this to ''General Discussion'' rather than ''General Music Discussion'' I'd appreciate it .

Cheers again,
Stu.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I moved the thread for you.

I'm really sorry about your friend. I can't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to have a close friend of mine do something like that, and I think it's extremely forgivable that this made you a bit angry towards people on here. I don't think you ever posted anything bad directed at me, but I still accept your apology. I've been at a point where I've taken my real life angers out on people on the internet, as I'm pretty sure many of us have at some point or another. I think I speak for everyone on the forum when I say there are no hard feelings.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and the loss of your friend, Simpledumbpilot... I don't think I've been the brunt of your aggression, either-( until today!!! :D ) but I agree with UsefulIdiot, in that it is understandable and forgivable. I hope things look up for you soon.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Thanks Useful Idiot and congrats on your promotion to admin!

edited to add: thanks also to OE, seems like we were replying at the same time.

Its been a weird couple of months. I ended up immersing myself in trading to try and focus on something else which kind of worked for a bit but New Years was pretty bad as the guys birthday was New Years day, I dont think it'll be the same again. A few years ago my Nan died on Christmas day, there doesnt seem to be much worth celebrating anymore. Still, I guess life goes on and this is meant to be a happy place, so I shallnt dwell on it here, everything will all fall into place somehow.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Stu

Don't worry about the aggression- people on forums say trivieal and irritating things and if you are not feeling at your best they irritate even more and prompt these outbursts. Sorry to here about your mate loosing anyone close is always difficult to deal with.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Sorry to hear about your friend Stu, I lost my dad late last year too, not by suicide but anyways...

Anyhooo, I'm just glad to have you back here!
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

I can quite well understand that you got impatient with us, babbling foolishly when such tragedy happened....
Hope you feel better now, unfortunately, I know too what does it mean when your friend committs suicide.....
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I understand that such babbling made you angry, especially considering your situation. My father nearly died last September and right before the accident, I've had a political argument on a Floyd forum that I've previously been to. When I came there after the thing, I've seen a pile of rubbish, demagogy and childish attacks posted against me. I said to myself: either I am totally wrong with my opinions, or the people here don't really think. So I've left that forum and later registered on Neptune.

I tell you (if you haven't experienced this yourself yet), that this forum is the most well-ballanced, friendly and easy-going that I've been to. I value the chance to be here. It's very appeasing to come here, to a company of friendly people, after a day at school or work. I hope you feel it the same and that you'll find joy and happiness that will help you to move on, sooner or later.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I'm sorry to hear from your loss. I'm glad we have you back :)
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Hey Stu,
Don't worry about it my friend,all that stuff between you and me is long forgotton,there are more important things in the world than that,sorry to hear about your friend,it's shit when it happens,i lost a friend in a road accident who was 24,so,i know what it's like.So,take care,welcome back and Shine On......
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Stu I can't even begin to imagine what you went through and are going through. I am sorry to hear about your friend. You will land on your feet. And you'll be in my thoughts.

And welcome back. :smt041
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Thanks everyone, Im really sorry to hear that others have had similar losses. It really has been the most surreal couple of months, lots of things have been happening and yet it hasnt felt like they were happening if that makes sense. Its been hard to come to grips with it all. Generally Im very much a happy go lucky person I guess and then suddenly all these curveballs seemed to come out of nowhere. Heres hoping for a change in fortune from now on, not just for me but to all the others who've had similar losses as mentioned earlier.

Stu.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I am sorry about your loss.

My Grandmother died this year and its been hard on us all.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

hey dude sorry for your friend, but i hope you feel better coz we like ya very much :wink:
now, i know it is hard, but this is a thing that everyone has to pass in life, so be ok Stu :)