Newbie Electric Guitar Question?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Stixxss
Embryo
Embryo

Newbie Electric Guitar Question?

Post by Stixxss »

I am hoping that some of you maybe able to provide with me with some advice. I recently purchased a electric guitar (an American Fender Strat) and I noticed that I get this strange buzzing sound. (or is this what you guitarists refer to as feedback?) Strangely though as I move the strat or walk around the room the noise gets louder or at times disappears. Also the feedback sound changes when I select another pickup. Is their anyway I can cut down on this noise? I am sorry for such silly questions as I have only really played acoustic priorly.
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

sounds like a bad earth connection or you want to turn the gain down on your amp?
the earth goes from the pick ups to the action in the back of your guitar (where the springs are where you put the strings through)take alook in there and if the wire is lose thats your prob but if its ok then it goes a bit deeper than that id get someone who knows what there doing. cos it's a pain in the neck .
if like you say its brand new get another one from where you bought it from dont mess with it cos you'll lose the garrantee???.
or you might have a crap lead ? :D