Just an idea.

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff

Should we have such a thread where we suggest songs?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 17

Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Just an idea.

Post by Ridan »

Do you think it's a good idea to start a thread about song suggestion?

Here is what I have in mind. One of the member will suggest a song that she/he likes and why do they like this song. A particular guitar solo, sax, drums on it etc. THe other members talk about the song if they have heard it. If they haven't then they get the song off the net or wherever and give their views on the song. We could have some fixed amount of time for one suggestion. Before that time lapses other suggestions would be ignored or whatever. It could be 2 days or whatever.

The things is I have some songs that I would like others to know about. :mrgreen:

If you think it's a good idea then we could start a single thread for this purpose.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Just an idea.

Post by Charade I am »

Ridan wrote:Do you think it's a good idea to start a thread about song suggestion?

The things is I have some songs that I would like others to know about. :mrgreen:
You should?ve started with this :wink:

Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Actually I don't really want to read yet another thread where someone raves about a song they love only to have someone else pipe in and say how much it sucks.....and vice versa.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I think it's a very good idea. I have some songs from eg. Neil Young that are absolutely beautiful, but not much people know about.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I REALLY like your new avatar, Ridan.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

yes, great idea
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

If people would actually use it, I think it's a great idea. That's a big if though.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:Actually I don't really want to read yet another thread where someone raves about a song they love only to have someone else pipe in and say how much it sucks.....and vice versa.
It's not about raving and and critisizing. It's about growing musically, being open to suggestions. We could have some rules you know. I know I am open to suggestions.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Ridan wrote:
Vlad The Impaler wrote:Actually I don't really want to read yet another thread where someone raves about a song they love only to have someone else pipe in and say how much it sucks.....and vice versa.
It's not about raving and and critisizing. It's about growing musically, being open to suggestions. We could have some rules you know. I know I am open to suggestions.

I know what you're trying to say and I also know what it often ends up turning into....but good luck with the idea anyway.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:
Ridan wrote: It's not about raving and and critisizing. It's about growing musically, being open to suggestions. We could have some rules you know. I know I am open to suggestions.

I know what you're trying to say and I also know what it often ends up turning into....but good luck with the idea anyway.
Yeah, I know too and I'm sure that mossy does.
I pity da foo that get in a flame war wit me.
Forgotten Sons
Axe
Axe

Yeah!!!

Post by Forgotten Sons »

It's a great Idea, and as one of posts, said,,

This is about growing musically, and in any type of way...

As I say,

"if you think that the thing you're gonna say is going to cause trouble then just don't say it...

GREAT IDEA!!!!!
Hellcatman
Axe
Axe

Re: Yeah!!!

Post by Hellcatman »

Forgotten Sons wrote:It's a great Idea, and as one of posts, said,,

This is about growing musically, and in any type of way...

As I say,

"if you think that the thing you're gonna say is going to cause trouble then just don't say it...

GREAT IDEA!!!!!
I have to agree with Forgotten Son's!! Sound's like it would give people a chance to check out some new music.. And find out about new musicians or old one's that have been ignored musically..
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

On other topics (like What are you listening to right now) you can also find nice songs or suggestions for bands. But it's a nice idea for a propper thread. And if I don't like a proposed song I'll try to be gentle, cause I also find it hard to cope with if someone burns down my favourite music...
Forgotten Sons
Axe
Axe

Post by Forgotten Sons »

EXCELLENT AVATAR !!!!!!
RIDAN!!! :lol: :wink: :!:

And again replying to "Rosm" :

As Benito Ju?rez said: "El respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz"

Translationto english:

"Respect over other's right's is PEACE" :D

And again as Bob Marley said: ".....CATCH A FIRE...", so if you're mad at someone because he/she burned you're favorite music, just "catch your fire.." You know what I'm talking about!!!! (It's only a suggestion, you own your life, do whatever you want with it..) :wink:
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Forgotten Sons wrote:...And again as Bob Marley said: ".....CATCH A FIRE...", so if you're mad at someone because he/she burned you're favorite music, just "catch your fire.." You know what I'm talking about!!!! (It's only a suggestion, you own your life, do whatever you want with it..) :wink:
Whoa now you're talking riddles to me. I don't quite understand the "catch your fire" bit.