Do me a favour...

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
smalltownrockstar

Do me a favour...

Post by smalltownrockstar »

and give a listen to a couple of demo's on our website.

My band recorded them the other weekend and we've just put 'em up on the site. I'd be interested in what you thought of the material. i.e, quality of song, sounds, feel, etc. but more importantly i'd be interested in what you think of the quality of recording.

my site is http://www.heavenstereo.net its in the demo's section.
Forgotten Sons
Axe
Axe

Well..

Post by Forgotten Sons »

First of all what kind of music do you play???
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

If you listened to the songs you might have a better idea!! Indie/Pop/Rock
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Is this the second time you're asking reviews? :wink:
Over all it's not my cup of tea, but especially Fever is a powerfull song, wellrecorded with nice effects on guitars and bass which remind me slightly of The Cure.
The wah wah in Electric blonde makes it a bit too full/fuzzy I don't know the proper English word, guess I don't even know the proper Dutch word for what I want to say. It's a pity that the volume of Electric.. isn't as loud as Fever, this way it sounds a bit weaker (ok you could always turn up the volume on your computer when you're listening but it would have been better if the volume of the different songs was kind of up to the same level).
Nice dynamics in Parachute but a bit predictable.
Over all well played, well recorded but (again) not my cup of tea (which is also in the lyrics of one of the songs... but then a cup with too much sugar... or something).
Hope I didn't disappoint you too much.