Hey Nirvana fans

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Nirvana fans

Post by drafsack »

Does any of you want this months copy of Q magizine with loads of Nirvana articals in it before it goes to recycling. The first to PM me gets it
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

No, I'm not a big Nirvana fan, so I'll leave it to others who are :wink:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Drafsak, you really ought to read Uncut instead as Q's a magazine for 10 year olds now. I swear they had Justin Timberlake on the cover one month, and Robbie Williams, and of course Madonna... Go for Uncut or if you can't find it Mojo instead
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Mojo definitely. This months issue is amongst the best Ive read, and not just because of the large feature on Sparks with unseen photos and in-depth interviews about the early days revealing things that not even an obsessed fan for almost 30 years knew (altho that might play a part in it :D ), thats followed by a superb, altho slightly disjointed interview with Brian May and Roger Taylor (seperately unfortunately) focussing strongly on the Queen 2 album, which is my fave album of theirs and tends to get overlooked so it was nice to see the balance redressed. Theres another 100 greatest poll thing, I hate these things but I thought Id mention it as this month its the 100 best epic rock tracks and Floyd are at no.4 with Shine On, it was only one song per band so no Echoes in the list, theres also a full page ad for the remastered version of The Final Cut. Other interesting bits n bobs are a nice feature on Brian Wilsons Royal Festival Hall show, 10 questions for Steve Winwood, a screw up showing a picture of the english Kaleidoscope next to a review of a reissue of the US band of the same name (someones bound to write in to the letters page), some Beatles discovery (probably one of Lennons toe-nail clippings or something), and ad for the Violent Femmes playing at London Astoria in May (prompting a quick dash for my credit card) and a free CD of blues tracks made famous by other people. Worth every penny this month!.

Q's not that bad. Its always had a pop element, I dont think the magazines changed that much, its more down to the music thats around in the fields that covers.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Personally i'm more of an Uncut man because it focuses on films just as heavily as music and therefore you can get an issure with for example REM and get a huge Apocalypse Now feature in it to :D

Gotta say though, i'm glad Mojo finally took the stars system, when theyd din't have it it was really quite awkward
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Im subsribed to Q for the next couple of years so that one will keep rolling in I look at uncut and Mojo every month when it comes out and quite often buy one or the other or even both
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

The mag will soon be on the way to Charade I am who seems to want it desperately
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Drafsak must be the most generous guy in the world with an ever bulging heart. I know this because he's sent me many thing before and he began that vine of roios to people and now sending a magazine to peru... Congradulations to Drafsak
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Yeah- he's the best... Remember when he was weeding out his roio collection, because he was burned out on th Floyd? He was leaving the forum, because we no longer intrigued him.... :( I ALMOST missed him, then! :D
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

:smt089 Gulp thanks
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

ObscuredEchoes wrote: I ALMOST missed him, then!

hey what do you mean "ALMOST"
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

drafsack wrote::smt089 Gulp thanks
No, Thank YOU, man! [-D-]

Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

drafsack wrote:
ObscuredEchoes wrote: I ALMOST missed him, then!

hey what do you mean "ALMOST"
I said ALMOST because you ended up staying.... You KNOW I'd miss you if you were gone....I would probably do something drastic, like:
:smt117 or :smt073 or O--O

Okay? :D :smt050
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Did you know that the electrition who found Kurts body called in a morning radio show to win tickets for a Pink Floyd concert if you had a celebrity call the show. Well he won the tickets then called police. :shock:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Glad to hear he got his priorities right