Post by Anna-Roza »

The Triffids are definitely what I like.... :D
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Anna-Roza wrote:The Triffids are definitely what I like.... :D
I knew I could count on you at least! :lol:
Oh well, I kinda knew not many of you would like it, and also the sound quality was horrible, sounds so much better on vinyl.... 8)

Trying to erm... acquire that Mike Oldfield song/album now....
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

qjamesfloyd wrote:And it is 60 minutes long,lol,so,if that is breaking the rules then,fair enough,but seeing as this is a Pink Floyd forum,it should be ok with you guys.
Don't remember adding time span of the song on the rules. It can be done though :wink: :wink:

Going to find a way to acquire the song!

Off Topic: Prkl that link doesn't work :cry:
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

This one was a long one. It would need some getting used to frankly.

Any more suggestions anybody?
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Okay I'm going to suggest an albumfrom the early 70s by a Greek rock group called Aphrodites Child.Amongst others the line up included Vangelis and Demis Roussos (yes that one) on vocals.The story of the album can be found on the following link http://www.engelen.demon.nl/666story.htm
The album was called 666 The Apocalypse of St John and was a complete departure from their previous work which included ballads such as Rain and Tears.The album was a double album and a lot of tracks are difficult to listen to as they are nothing more than chants.However a number of tracks such as Break, The Four Horsemen and the instrumental Aegian Sea are well worth listening to.The track I'm going to suggest is either the Aegian Sea or the 19 minute All The Seats Were Occupied, whichever you can track down.This album has kind of haunted me ever since I first heard it, (it is considered one of the first concept albums and one source even mentioned Roger Waters as a fan though I'm not sure of the truth in that)
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I like long songs that are good to listen to while crusing down the road.I like Blackfoots-Highway Song it's southern-fried but really good.Starts out kinda slow & builds up as it goes along into killer jam,it's about 14 minutes long.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

hey, what happened here? i liked the idea of talking about a song somebody suggests, but maybe we should suggest songs that are more easy to "aquire" and not whole albums
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Ok,how about:
Cast - Walk Away.
A great song in my book,very well played and produced,with lovely accoustic and electric guitar throught,one of my fav's from the mid 90's era.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Sorry but I cant bear that song, Cast are one of my pet hates. Ive never liked a single thing theyve done, just too bland for me Im afraid.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Lol,well i had to come up with something,no-one was prepared to try Oldfields masterpiece Amarok!!!!! :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

:D true, I think thats actually the only oldfield album I havent got, I did have a little look in a couple of second hand stores for the vinyl shortly after the recommendation on here but couldnt find it, I wont buy CD unless I absolutely have to. What about Ommadawn part 1? thats my fave Oldfield moment, its got a bit of everything but somehow manages to keep it all together and flow naturally and just when it seems the only thing the music can do is explode it throws you a curve ball trundles off into the distance with the amazing african drums at the end, just superb!
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

qjamesfloyd wrote:Lol,well i had to come up with something,no-one was prepared to try Oldfields masterpiece Amarok!!!!! :D
Couldn't find it on soulseek... :oops:
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

qjamesfloyd wrote:Ok,how about:
Cast - Walk Away.
A great song in my book,very well played and produced,with lovely accoustic and electric guitar throught,one of my fav's from the mid 90's era.
Ah, Cast, I liked them a bit when I listened to brit-pop in the mid 90's. Can't really listen to them anymore since they weren't that good, and that particular song never really did anything for me, sorry... :lol:
Fine Time & History were my favourites from All Change, btw.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Firstly,i hate brit-pop,but i really liked cast,i thought they were a bit different,and although i never bought any of there albums,i love song Walk Away,i thought Cast were quite popular,oh well,i guess not.

As for Oldfield,it's weird that Amarok is the only album you have'nt got,as most fans rate it as his best,even though it's one of his worst sellers,go figure.But,your right with Ommadawn Part1,it is fantastic,part 2 seems an anti climax after part 1 for me,but even so,still a classic album,it just still amazes me,how many Floyd fans have'nt got into Oldfield's music,they go along so well :D .
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Couldn't find it on soulseek... :oops

Try Winmx.com