Suggest a song!

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Cheers, but now I found it on slsk.
I'll tell you tomorrow if I liked it. :)

ed: Well, I listened to Amarok, and it's a bit of a mixed bag for me, at least after just the first listening. Occasionally it remind me of PF (especially Echoes, and not only just because of it's length), and sometimes some stuff by Ozric Tentacles, and sometimes it gets a bit boring. All in all, it's a fine track, but 60 minutes is just too long for 1 song, at least for me. 8)
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I understand what you say,that was more or less my feelings when i heard it,but the trick is to listen a few times to really get it's magic,60 minutes does sound long,but after a few listens,you start to GET it,but thanks for taking the time to listen anyway :D
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

qjamesfloyd wrote:Lol,well i had to come up with something,no-one was prepared to try Oldfields masterpiece Amarok!!!!! :D
I did get to download that song but haven't had the time to listen to it yet. Soon will. :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

OK well I think the three days has passed so if its OK if I come up with a suggestion I'd like to recommend ''Dream Machine'' by the God Machine, if you can imagine Spiritualised doing Janes Addiction then this is the track for you, its a storming beast of a track with the most powerful drum sound in the world and the riff aint to shabby either. This song is the opener from their debut Scenes From The Second Storey album and set the album up perfectly, some people here may already be familiar with the single ''Home'' which has many of the same characteristics. Unfortunately their bass player died whilst working on the follow up albumn which is a much more somber affair and possibly better for atmosphere but I say check out ''Dream Machine'' and explore as much as you can of this band before you die! So just to recap thats ''Dream Machine'' by the God Machine, you will thank me for it!
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

coward of the county
lisa
Axe
Axe

Post by lisa »

Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty Of Infidelity by Type O Negative :twisted:
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Read the damn instructions on the first page! :twisted:

Downloading that God Machine song now, BTW.
:wink:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Prkl wrote:Read the damn instructions on the first page! :twisted:

Downloading that God Machine song now, BTW.
:wink:
Good work Prkl, I've a feeling from some of your previous posts that you might like these, should get Anna-Roza on the case too, I think she'll be into this, you there Anna? Not sure if I should do this but you might want to check out the song ''In Bad Dreams'' to give you a taste of the other end of the spectrum of their music, just beautiful!
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Hey simpleton I can't seem to find that song on Kazaalite. Any ideas where I can find it?
Forgotten Sons
Axe
Axe

Post by Forgotten Sons »

I'd like to recommend:

Lunar Sea --- Camel --- Live Record.

Hard to find, but a great song....
lisa
Axe
Axe

Post by lisa »

Prkl wrote:Read the damn instructions on the first page! :twisted:
Rules are made to be broken :twisted:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Ridan wrote:Hey simpleton
Thats not nice :( :(
Ridan wrote:I can't seem to find that song on Kazaalite. Any ideas where I can find it?
Aah, that would be because Kazaalite is awful for music, try Soulseek or emule, you'll probably want to get rid of Kazaa after that, theres so much more choice on those, altho admittedly Kazaa is pretty good for films.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

lisa wrote:Rules are made to be broken :twisted:
And so is your back bone! :wink: :wink: Damn how fascist of me. :shock: :shock: Frankly though a teacher of mine used to say this and it just came to my mind :D
simpledumbpilot wrote:
Ridan wrote:Hey simpleton
Thats not nice :( :( .
I can't believe I actually left it there. I was planning on removing it. Apologies for that :oops:

simpledumbpilot wrote:
Ridan wrote:I can't seem to find that song on Kazaalite. Any ideas where I can find it?
Aah, that would be because Kazaalite is awful for music, try Soulseek or emule, you'll probably want to get rid of Kazaa after that, theres so much more choice on those, altho admittedly Kazaa is pretty good for films.
I'll try it at soulseek. Thanks :D
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Well, that God Machine song was pretty good, and the singer does sound a lot like Perry Farrell. In fact, it was so good, that now I'm downloading the rest of the album now! :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Prkl wrote:Well, that God Machine song was pretty good, and the singer does sound a lot like Perry Farrell. In fact, it was so good, that now I'm downloading the rest of the album now! :)
Glad you like it Prkl, I had a feeling it might be up your street. I discovered the band purely by accident in 1992, a pub I go to sometimes had some bands playing upstairs so we thought we'd take a look and God Machine were one of them, I was hooked from that moment on. When you've finished getting Scenes From The Second Storey I really must recommend the follow up called One Last Laugh In A Place Of Dying, which many people tend to feel is the better of the two.