floydian7889
Axe
Axe

Sheep, a hidden message?

Post by floydian7889 »

has anybody every heard the words.....
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.
When cometh the day we lowly ones,
Through quiet reflection, and great dedication

Master the art of karate,
Lo, we shall rise up,
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

I think i've heard this said during the song once, and i have no idea where i was listening to it. I have the Echoes cd, and when this is said all that is heard is a keyboard/guitar solo. Can anybody relate?
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

T'is not a hidden message. While it's hard to Figure out, those lyrics are in the album notes(Lyric Pages). Sorry! I thought the same when I first heard it!
floydian7889
Axe
Axe

Post by floydian7889 »

I feel kinda dumb here.... :lol: i didnt' explain myself enough. I know it's in the song it's just that i never hear it. Well sorry i again said it wrong, i heard it once..but i don't know where. That's what i was asking
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

7889,don't feel dumb about getting things wrong,everybody does at times.I would rather you get things wrong & stay involved with the forum than you staying quiet.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It is goos stuff!! I never bothered to read the liner notes to find the lyrics and never knew what was being said for a good while!! lol :lol:
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Do you mean that there's "something more than just what the words are saying"?
floydian7889
Axe
Axe

Post by floydian7889 »

no, i mean that once when i was listening to a certain cd i heard Waters say all the above words(The ones i put in on top of this thread page.) But when i listen to Animals and Echoes i can't hear him saying the words anymore. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.....
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

In the original studio version (the one on Animals and Echoes,) the voice speaking the lines is fed through a Vocoder...which basically means that the voice is being filtered through a synthesizer and notes are being played for each syllable spoken.

This makes it a bit difficult to hear...even following along with the lyric sheet, I get lost.
Avani
Knife
Knife

Post by Avani »

But it is in the middle of Sheep, I'd say. After the first part of the lyrics, when the tempo gets down. It sounds a bit robotic to me and it's very quiet but it can be heard if you pay attention. :)
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

bmet suggested that those that can should listen to the RoIO of the Oakland concert of 5/9/77. Luckily I have it. During Sheep most of the verse is actually quite clear (although very electronic.)
It never even occured to me that there were words spoken on the studio version. Guess I've never played it loud enough.
Hmmm. gotta go
floydian7889
Axe
Axe

Roio

Post by floydian7889 »

That's exacly what it was. I must have downloaded a RoIo off Neptune....then when i listened to Echoes and Animals i became confused. That's for that tidbit of information. I do remember it sounding like a robot also. Ha, good times here :D
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

I've always considered that another "Secret Message," even though it's printed right there on the lyric sheet. The first few times I listened to the tune, I didn't even realize that those were words and not just synth notes.
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

dur dippy
avidaz
Embryo
Embryo

it is there

Post by avidaz »

or it is on the origianal animals version, iv not tried the echos version. but try putting head phones on, or deafen your neighbours.
maybe u got old and stopped listening to it loud enough :wink:

EDIT:
just checked..
and its on both animals and echoes versions

You can use the edit-button for things like this
Syd.
LeroyMcBarnaby
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Sheep, a hidden message?

Post by LeroyMcBarnaby »

Have you ever seen that noise that repeats and shows different words and phrases as it plays over and over and all over them fit? That's how I feel about this segment. It's always said exactly what I need it to...