Scissor Sisters

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
BrainDamaged
Axe
Axe

Scissor Sisters

Post by BrainDamaged »

For any of you who have heard their recent cover of comfortably numb what do you think...

Personally at first I was outraged its like the beegee's on smack singing a legendary floyd song maybe not my favourite but still ..

Then again though you sorta have to give it to them cos if I was in a band Id wanna cover the floyd.. although part of me says it should just never be done.

What are your views if you havent heard it then dont worry you arent missing much.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

It?s horrible. There are many Floyd covers out there, some are actually good, others are bad, but this one is awful.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think it was crap. I was supposed to interview them for this site but I didnt bother with them! lol :lol: I am not interviewing somebody that calls themselves "babyDaddy" and prances around!
BrainDamaged
Axe
Axe

Post by BrainDamaged »

I would have loved to have interviewed them. Just so I could ask them awkward questions for example ... soo... "how have ink floyd influenced you.. to cover such a prominant track you must be die hard fans" and " where do you buy your cat suits? I hear Shirley Bassey is selling a few on ebay..." etc. etc.

I know there are some alright covers but generally people dont come close
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I think its everything a cover should be, completely different to the original, OK so in this case it may have worked out for the worse but if they were just to make a re-recording of the Wall version it would be pretty pointless as that definitive recording as far as we know is already out there, so I say hats off to them for trying something different, better luck next time tho.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

I thought the cover was crap, but their album isn't that bad(but not that great either) for mainstream(ish) disco/pop. And I'll probably get to see them live this summer, wohoo! :roll:
Avani
Knife
Knife

Post by Avani »

If I got their CD I'd ritually burn it and perform satanistic rituals around the fire. :lol:
dorothy
Knife
Knife

Post by dorothy »

the cover is an absolute crap... they'll burn in hell for having done it. :twisted:
BrainDamaged
Axe
Axe

Post by BrainDamaged »

awww respect to simpledumbpilot .. a refreshing opinion my friend.

I havent heard the rest of the album myself but my friend said that they were klass live.
RKBfan
Axe
Axe

Post by RKBfan »

I Saw a interview with the sisters flipping thruw my crap telly. But the lead vocalist was talking about that he had been a humongous floyd fan sins he was just a litle boy and comb numb had been his fav for many years.

But anyway this song obviously sucks big time. If youre a Floyd fan or not you dislike this song because it poorly done.
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

I know that I am like 6 months behind on this one..but I just heard it for the first time tonight via soulseek.....uhhhh...I didn't know that the BeeGees got back together and decided to redo pink floyd.....the Sisters suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woof
Knife
Knife

Post by woof »

i thought it was fun and brought the genius of PF to the masses. i didn't buy it but hey :roll: ...it brought a bemused smile to my vizog!