Lawnmower Deth

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
SyladO
Axe
Axe

Lawnmower Deth

Post by SyladO »

Any of the UK people here ever see Lawnmower Deth when they were around? I don't think they ever came to the US. If anyone can track down there 1st album over there, I'd gladly pay for someone to send it to me. I can't find it online, or anywhere here in NY.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

heard of them. They not got a website?
SyladO
Axe
Axe

Post by SyladO »

The band and their label are no longer around. I've found some limited info about them online, and some stores do have their two other albums. No one has the first album though.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Thermonuclear war is good for your complexion!!!!

WOW a Lawnmower Deth thread!!! I was a huge Lawnmower Deth fan and saw them three times, twice at the Marquee and once at a Kerrang Christmas show. The shows were completely insane, I remember the band getting everyone to lay on the floor waving their legs in the air for Seventh Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower which needless to say resulted in carnage. When you say first album do you mean the split album Mower Liberation Front with Metal Duck, which came first, or Oooh Crikey It's..., their first full-length? I have both (along with the Kids In America 12'') and would never part with them but I can send you a copy. If its Oooh Crikey that you're after you might want to try http://www.earache.com but I think youre only hope for the split album on R.K.T. Records would be something like ebay or a second hand store, or a kind soul like myself offering to copy it.
SyladO
Axe
Axe

Post by SyladO »

Cool! A fellow LD fan. I felt so alone. I have everything from Oh Crickey - Billy. I'm just missing Lawnmower Liberation (or whatever it's name is). I'll hunt around for an original some more. But if after awhile I come up empty handed, and you're still willing to copy it for me, that'd be great!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Sure, no problem, heres all the info on the split LP should you need it...

Title - Mower Liberation Front

It's worth noting that this may be listed on some sites as ''Quack 'Em All'' by Metal Duck as they had the other side of the LP.

Year - 1989

Label - R.K.T. Records

Catalogue Number - CMO 192

Dont know if you know this or not but the album was only available on vinyl and has never been released on CD, just thought Id mention that in case you were looking for a CD of it.

Oh, almost forgot, I also have a bootleg video of them live in Bradford I think in 1990 but there may be the PAL / NTSC issue there tho.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Thu May 13, 2004 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SyladO
Axe
Axe

Post by SyladO »

Thanks much for the info. I had no idea it wasn't available on cd. I did find a site where I could download the entire album. Maybe I'll do that.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

No problem, its worth getting your hands on, its a classic, great early version of 7th Church on there.
SyladO
Axe
Axe

Post by SyladO »

I just downloaded the entire album. I do like the version of 7th on there, but I kinda miss the cheesey keyboards it has on Ooh Crickey. According to the site I downloaded it from, it was made available on cd. So maybe it's still worth hunting for.