ITF DVD

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Ouldn'tshay atthey ebay "ubbay?" :P
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

flashback wrote:.I like to think that even though I may not agree with your opinion I will defend your right to say it, thats the idea behind free speach.
Voltaire
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
Spinoza wrote: I just wanted to show that numbers of soldcopies don't prove anything :wink:
And that's why you said "Wow, How many copies did TFC sell ??? I'll check this up tomorrow," right?
Still didn't got my point. I think TFC is an excellent record. Got it now ?
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

mosespa wrote:
Spinoza wrote: Wow, How many copies did TFC sell ??? I'll check this up tomorrow. Well i have seen abandoned copies of DSOTM. I even know people ( young people), totally ignorant of PF, that liked TDB. If you would give them WYWH in the first place, i think it wouldn't light their fire for PF, because it is from 1975. It sounds not that recent, and you know: 3it's all in your head".

Original toughts: i can give you some others: 1999: In The Flesh-tour ; Pink Floyd Best Of: "Echoes".

BTW Mosespa, you should know that the communication-theme of the Wall is much deeper ad different from that of TDB.

1999 In The Flesh Tour included "Each Small Candle," a BRAND NEW SONG AT THE TIME UNAVAILABLE ON ANY ALBUM.

Echoes includes a version of When The Tigers Broke Free which is NOT the version released on several radio promo CD's, nor is it the version released on vinyl back in 1982.

In fact, the version of WTTBF on Echoes has never been available anywhere except on the movie...and even then, it was seperated into two parts.

Checkmate.
Original thoughts: i was just pointing at the fact that these two titles ( in the flesh / echoes ) proposed by RW are far from ORIGINAL.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Spinoza wrote: Original thoughts: i was just pointing at the fact that these two titles ( in the flesh / echoes ) proposed by RW are far from ORIGINAL.

I will concede to "In The Flesh," I've always thought he could have come up with something better. But are you certain that "Echoes" was RW's idea?

And as far as "In The Flesh" goes...if that was ROGER's idea in the first place (i.e. the 1977 tour and two songs from The Wall,) what's wrong with a guy recycling something he came up with? It doesn't necessarily show a lack of original thinking so much as a demonstration of...shall we say, laziness?

For lack of a better word.

My point is that Roger is a far more original thinker than the other guys in Floyd.

After all, he was the prime mover, they were simply following his lead.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

mosespa wrote:
Spinoza wrote:

My point is that Roger is a far more original thinker than the other guys in Floyd.
I agree