Album in a Day

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Album in a Day

Post by dswain81 »

Hey Everybody,

I mentioned earlier that I was going to do an album in a day, as guided by Crap Art.org: http://crapart.spacebar.org/aad/

I wrote, recorded and mastered seven original songs in one day (on Tuesday). The results are mixed, but there are a few songs that I like: "You Can Tell," "Heroes for Ghosts" and "Ash."

Give 'em a listen at: http://quinone.madtracker.net/davidswain/index.htm (under Album in a Day project)
or at
http://www.soundclick.com/davidswain (in the music section, Album: Fish Bowl)

Feel free to give some criticism or feedback. I did the best that I could, given that I did it in around 10 hrs.
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

Damn, I must have that thing that Devil Man was talking about (not being able to get people to respond to threads started)..lol. Anybody???

At least tell me I suck.

Peace,
David
woof
Knife
Knife

Post by woof »

I've been on you soundclick site and I like some of yer stuff! I'm on soundclick myself...I hope this isn't some sort of BSP but please give me a listen...The Arcade Superhero. I've just uploaded a campfire version of Love Me Do and I'm quite proud of it!
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

dswain81 wrote:Damn, I must have that thing that Devil Man was talking about (not being able to get people to respond to threads started)..lol. Anybody???

At least tell me I suck.

Peace,
David
I checked out the album-in-a-day out of mere curiosity, (and boredom at work) and I must say that Im quite impressed, it was much better done than I thought it would be, given the in-a-day part.

All in all, good tunes, I will be leaving them on my player, if thats cool.

By the way, what is the mumbling on The Same Old Fears?
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I'm thinking of partaking in this album in a day thing at some point during the summer. Of course, mine will just be a bunch of crazy avant-garde noise, but it'll be there damnit!
dswain81
Blade
Blade

Post by dswain81 »

woof wrote:I've been on you soundclick site and I like some of yer stuff! I'm on soundclick myself...I hope this isn't some sort of BSP but please give me a listen...The Arcade Superhero. I've just uploaded a campfire version of Love Me Do and I'm quite proud of it!
Hey thanks for taking a listen. I'll go check your stuff out and get back to you about it.
seamusz wrote:I checked out the album-in-a-day out of mere curiosity, (and boredom at work) and I must say that Im quite impressed, it was much better done than I thought it would be, given the in-a-day part.

All in all, good tunes, I will be leaving them on my player, if thats cool.

By the way, what is the mumbling on The Same Old Fears?
Thanks for the compliments! It was really hard not using any previously written songs...it really pushed me as a songwriter. The mumbling is just me making random noises and different voices into the microphone...my wife was walking by when I was doing it and I kind of started laughing (you can hear it...it is when the talking gets louder in bursts).
Useful Idiot wrote:I'm thinking of partaking in this album in a day thing at some point during the summer. Of course, mine will just be a bunch of crazy avant-garde noise, but it'll be there damnit!
Good luck man!!! It is really hard. Noise can be cool, keep me posted on when you do your album.

Later,
David
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Well, Alexander (Gonzo) and I have just completed one of these albums. I plan to submit it to the site as soon as I get it hosted on the internet.