Syd's first trip

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Syd's first trip

Post by David Smith »

I recently saw a dvd entitled Syd Barret's First Trip. Having read about it in my Syd biography (crazy diamond) i got my brother to buy it as a christmas present for me (i was a few quid short) and i was juts wondering if anybody else has or has seen this before.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Haven't seen it.

I just wanted all the new messages to be from me:)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I watched it, it's a 12 minute film shot on the hills of syd and some friends getting stoned. Syd does all osrts of weird s*it and following his trip they all go to abbey road where Roger, Nick and Rick are hanging about. It's all shot and edited by one of syd's homevideo making friends, his name's Nigel Gordon. This product is mentioned in crazy diamond on page 166, but only recently came out on dvd as far as i know. It has the words limited edition printed on it and shows syd hanging about in a room looking crazy.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

There's some interesting Syd footage doing the rounds online at the moment, apparently from a film made for Pink Floyd's performance at Knebworth in 1990. Some of it was used it last years Syd documentry, and it shows Syd circa mid 1967, and also what appears to be about sometime in 1969. It's certainly just as interesting, if not more interesting than the 'first trip' footage (although apparently it was by no means Syd's first trip).
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

My friend Pete has that Barrett knebworth footage. I must get a copy! :)
kuruuzum
Embryo
Embryo

Short but powerfull. Like Syd barrett's musical career...

Post by kuruuzum »

ı have that dvd. ıts very short film. 5 mınutes from 1966 5 mınutes from 1967 ...

That film have nıce background music. When ı saw the film ı felt ım ın tıme machine. :)
skiffard
Embryo
Embryo

Post by skiffard »

There is nothing interresting about that film... Just Syd messing around with mushrooms... No sound... Some quite music... If you must see it, download it... Don't waste good money on it...
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I saw it somewhere though I can't remember where.Don't waste your money buying it take the $ and have a trip of your own.
softy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by softy »

d'loaded the "movie",andd now i regret that i did it.no good,but it's something for a syd freak to have lying in the hd
softy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by softy »

the Barrett knebworth footage is gmw much better than "syds first trip",but the pic.quality isn't so good