Site Admin
Site Admin

Alan Parsons' New Album "A Valid Path" Press Relea

Post by Keith Jordan »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 22, 2004

ARTEMIS RECORDS TO RELEASE ALAN PARSONS' NEW ALBUM
?A VALID PATH? IN NORTH AMERICA ON AUGUST 24TH

On August 24th Artemis Records will release Alan Parsons? new album A Valid Path in North America, his first record in five years. A Valid Path is Parsons? leap into the world of electronica music, filled with poly-rhythmic drumbeats and soaring guitar solos, provided in part by Pink Floyd?s David Gilmour. The record?s gem, ?More Lost Without You?, features P.J. Olsson on vocals. Another great collaboration is with The Crystal Method on ?We Play The Game?. Alan Parsons has released three records without the ?Project? identity behind him; his last, entitled The Time Machine, earning rave reviews, including four stars from the All Music Guide.

Parsons, an engineer and producer, worked on classic albums like Let It Be, Abbey Road, and Dark Side of the Moon, for which he earned one of his ten Grammy nominations. He emerged in 1976 as the artist behind his own group, ground breaking progressive rockers The Alan Parsons Project. The Alan Parsons Project had two Top Ten Albums, six Top Ten Singles and were awarded 3 platinum and 7 gold records by the RIAA. Their 1982 Eye In The Sky is recognized as a seminal classic rock album, and its title track reached #3 on both the Billboard Adult Contemporary and Pop Singles charts. As well as the Alan Parsons Project, Alan has also produced and engineered records for Paul McCartney?s Wings, The Hollies, Ambrosia and Al Stewart, including the classic ?Year Of The Cat?.

Please click on the following link for a photo:

http://www.artemisrecords.com/imgs/Pars ... eshot1.jpg

Shown left to right: Artemis Executive Vice President Michael Krumper, Artemis President Daniel Glass, Alan Parsons and Artemis Chairman/CEO Danny Goldberg.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Am I the only one who can't stand Alan's music?
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

It's ok but I like alot of other stuff better but it would be cool if Keith could get him to answer some ???s on the forum.
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

i don't know about the late albums but AP'sP early stuff was wonderful, namely eve, i robot and pyramid