Startin guitar

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
floydian7889
Axe
Axe

Startin guitar

Post by floydian7889 »

i'm goin to start playing the guitar soon, electric to be precise. I've been bumming with an acoustic for a littel bit now. Kinda getting my feet wet with learning chords and tabs, etc.... I'm looking at a Fender, or Fender Squire. Can i get some information that would help me out at all????Thank ya much
floydrocks
Knife
Knife

Post by floydrocks »

Fender Squire is a cheaper version of the Strat, an economy starter guitar. It's what I use, it plays great but the pickups suck, if you got a real Fender Stratocaster the pickups would sound a whole lot better and it might play a little better too. But the best Strats are expensive, so for a starter I would prolly get a Squire for around 300-400 dollars. You can always get some different pickups to put on it. Out of some of the economy starter guitars I've played, the Squire is prolly the best. I didn't like the Ibanez starter that much. (its cheaply made and it dosn't have a smooth neck so it's harder to slide around on those power chords somewhat-you get what you pay for) So yea, I'd go for the Squire.
spike
Blade
Blade

Post by spike »

I say dont get a squire.... It be ok at first but you will soon out grow it.
the build is ok but the sum of the parts isnt that good .

Just set your budget and sit in the shop and take your time.
Buy the guitar which feels right for you dont go for the best name foe the price.... if it feels nice to you then buy it.......

then rock on dood :P \:D/
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Stagg is a good and cheap brand. They may not be that good for professional use, but I've found mine to be a very good beginner's guitar.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I started with a Squire Affinity one year ago, and I must say that it is quit a good guitar to play, but the quality isn't that good, I', startin' to look out for a new one.

If you're not sure that you like to play guitar, I recommend it, but if you have some experience and really want to learn better playing, I say don't buy this one.
floydrocks
Knife
Knife

Post by floydrocks »

Syd. wrote:I started with a Squire Affinity one year ago, and I must say that it is quit a good guitar to play, but the quality isn't that good, I', startin' to look out for a new one.

If you're not sure that you like to play guitar, I recommend it, but if you have some experience and really want to learn better playing, I say don't buy this one.
I have experience and want to learn better playing and I still have a squire.

I want an SG!!!!!!!!!!