New Music

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
NewEarthMud

New Music

Post by NewEarthMud »

What have you been listening to?

Here are some records that I've been listening to that I think you should go out.. buy atleast something from my list.. and maybe post a review or opinion. Or not.

Anyway,

All Night Radio - "Spirit Stereo Frequency" - This album is the best psychedelic record that I've heard in a long, long time. Too bad these guys broke up before they ever really got started.. but it's a new record and you'll dig it if you like psychedelic music.

Allison Moorer - "The Duel" - Female version of Neil Young but only on this record. It's straight up blues rock type stuff.. it's amazing.

Loretta Lynn - "Van Lear Rose" - Maybe the best record of the year? Best country record since Johnny Cash's Unchained where he was joined by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Here, Lynn is joined by Jack White of the White Stripes. A lot of this is as rocking as Led Zeppelin and some of it is really country too.. it's quite genius.

Todd Snider - "East Nashville Skyline" - Kris Kristofferson, John Prine, Jerry Jeff Walker, and Billy Joe Shaver are all huge fans of this guy. This record doesn't come out until July 14th but I've listened to it many times and it's a true gem. A nice mix of rock, country, blues, and folk music with incredible lyrics.

Chris Robinson - "This Magnificent Distance" - Dig the Black Crowes? Well their frontman has just put out a record better than any of the Crowes material. Like the Incredible String Band? You can hear the influence from those guys on this record, you can hear the influence of Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Gram Parsons, and even Fairport Convention.

Warren Haynes - "Live at Bonnaroo" - The first live record to surface from the incredible Bonnaroo Festival. This is an all acoustic gem that captures the true essence of the Bonnaroo Festival. Covers range from Radiohead to Jerry Garcia to U2 to Otis Redding.. plus Warren's original songs which are exceptional in their own right.

BR549 - "Tangled in the Pines" - Definately my favorite record of the year. It's not for everybody though.. It's basically real country, real rockabilly, real hillbilly, and real fun. I love it. It's a mixture of Creedence Clearwater Revival and Hank Williams Sr. If you're open minded when it comes to music... go buy this.

Okay, now your turn.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Here is what I have been listening to latley:

John Butcher & John Edwards-Optic

This albums consists of a bass & saxophone duo. Many soft, loud & even down right violent passages. John Butcher performs with extended techniques on his sax while John Edwards reacts percussively & relentlessly.

Derek Bailey-Mirakle

Derek Bailey collaborates with a funk duo or Ornette Coleman's Primetime Ryhthm section. It may just seem as an ood trio, but it maintains like a charm. Bailey will be performing is "Non-Idiomatic" improvisation while the bass & drums perform from funk ryhthms to improvising along with Bailey.
emiemi2375
Knife
Knife

Post by emiemi2375 »

wow that first message was reawlly pretentious.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

emiemi2375 wrote:wow that first message was reawlly pretentious.
Okay.

:roll: