Re-issue of Radio KAOS and Pros and Cons

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re-issue of Radio KAOS and Pros and Cons

Post by Keith Jordan »

Why re-release these albums? I own both and love them but just out of interest. Why re-release? :)

Greetings from Amazon.com Alerts.
As you requested, we're notifying you of new releases matching the
following criteria:
Popular Music with "roger waters" in the Artist's or Band's name.
[Formats: CD]

Pros & Cons of Hitchhiking
by Roger Waters
Release date: January 14, 2003
Label: Sony Int'l
Format: Audio CD
Click here for more information

Our Price: $23.99

Radio Kaos
by Roger Waters
Release date: January 14, 2003
Label: Sony Int'l
Format: Audio CD
Click here for more information

Our Price: $23.99
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

why so expensive?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

DaveMatthewsFan wrote:why so expensive?
I think it must be for comical effect. :lol:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I also got that letter today :lol:

I wonder why they're so bloody expensive. I got KAOS and PACOHH on CD in 1999 for about eight dollars (American) a piece.

If my Internet connection was not being so bloody slow at the moment, I'd go over to Amazon.com and see if there are any significant changes that warrant the price hike...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

kaos
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=music

pros
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=music

Remastered? I heard somewhere that was a typo!

It is expensive because it is am import into the USA from Britain I think. Saying that, it is not on amazon.co.uk.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I don't care if it was imported from mars I wouldn't pay that much.
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking has been 'out of print' in Australia for ages - thats why i havnt got a copy yet (least not a legitimate one*)

KAOS has been, they redid that about the time In the Flesh came out (or maybe Flickering Flame), so i snapped up a brand new one for about $16AU (cheap for CDs.. most new releases cost about $25 - 30)

id like to pick up a copy of +-OHH for sure :)

* not before you send the sniffer dogs on me, i have tonnes of illegitimate mp3s on my computer , all downloaded... for the next day (or next week) i bought the actual release... sort of a try-before-you-buy
wheres the harm in that?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Try before buy is not such a bad thing. :-) If there were no internet and MP3, I would still own the same music collection on CD. I buy what I my budget constraint can afford me. :-)
skiffard
Embryo
Embryo

Post by skiffard »

I try to see mp3 downloading from the net like listening to the radio... To see if I like it enough to buy it... now there would be something wrong if I were to only download and not buying anything... But Im not... If I don't like it enough to go and buy it, I hardy listen to it much... Therefor I'll delete it... And that band haven't lost anything they wouldn't lose by letting the radio broadcast it... However it is illegal... And no matter what I or anyone else may think about it... You can be punished... I know some people who have to pay alot of money because they got caught running a server... Needless to say there were much more than just mp3s on it...
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

actually, its legal if it on your hard drive for two days before you delete it.

then again, i travel at 80kmph in a 60 zone, so i've done my fair share of illegal activites.

and some more again...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Furious wrote:actually, its legal if it on your hard drive for two days before you delete it.

then again, i travel at 80kmph in a 60 zone, so i've done my fair share of illegal activites.

and some more again...
The last time I read about the law, it said it didn't matter how long it was on your system. It is still illegal to be in posession, in whatever form, of copyrighted material without buying or obtaining a licence or permission from the copyright owner.

I, myself, do 115mph in 70 zones! :-) :lol:
mawilson21228
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mawilson21228 »

:( way too expensive no need to reissue unless new material included(ie : going to la on kaos)
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

The only things that warrant these price hikes and this re-release is the fact that ROGER WATERS IS A MONEY HUNGRY GREED MASTER.

There, that should generate some replies.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

I suppose it would be too much to ask that RADIO KAOS will have all the tracks recorded for it, but ultimately left off the album. They not only help to flesh out the story, but also make it a much better album. What we need is something along the lines of the PROJECT KAOS boot, perhaps with the studio version of "Molly's Song" thrown in for good measure.
Ailbhe
Axe
Axe

Post by Ailbhe »

Has anyone bought these yet? I got mine today.They haven't repackaged it!!!!! It's the same old packing!!!!!!!!!!!!!They just seemed to have changed the colour of the CDs. Both of mine used to be plain with the tracklist in black lettering on them. Pros and Cons is a sort of a red now and Kaos is green.Sheesh... and to think I was expecting all the original Gerald Scarfe artwork on Pros and Cons!