Re-issue of Radio KAOS and Pros and Cons

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
ArnoldLayne
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ArnoldLayne »

Never cared too much about Radio Kaos. I haven't listened to it in years. I can't compare it with ATD, which I love, or even with Pros & Cons, but what is this Project Kaos?
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

bong wrote:The only things that warrant these price hikes and this re-release is the fact that ROGER WATERS IS A MONEY HUNGRY GREED MASTER.

There, that should generate some replies.
Here's one:
Maybe he is, but it could also be Sony (isn't that rog's label?) that is jacking up the prices. The only other reason that they may be re-releasing is that these could be remastered better than the originals??? Just a thought (probably not much of one at that!)
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I'd like to think the reissues have improved sound quality. There's some justification for doing so, in my opinion, especially when they use that 24-bit technology stuff - The Beatles 1 compilation completely blew me away when I first heard it. Perhaps remastering old stuff makes more sense - sixties recordings can sound a little muddy, let's face it. Wouldn't mind getting Animals on seventies vinyl, actually, to see how much better the CD is... Andy Mabbett wrote that it was far superior, so... :)
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

FeelingVeryPink wrote:I'd like to think the reissues have improved sound quality. There's some justification for doing so, in my opinion, especially when they use that 24-bit technology stuff - The Beatles 1 compilation completely blew me away when I first heard it. Perhaps remastering old stuff makes more sense - sixties recordings can sound a little muddy, let's face it. Wouldn't mind getting Animals on seventies vinyl, actually, to see how much better the CD is... Andy Mabbett wrote that it was far superior, so... :)
The vinyl copy sounds thin and almost tinny compared to the cd. I have both. I always thought that animals was a crappy production til i heard the cd.