How long on net per day?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

How long on net per day?

Post by Keith Jordan »

My computer is permanently connected to the internet 24/7 and I actually site infront of my computer for about 3-4 hours per day and I am rather worried about myself. It is 2am and I need sleep!!

How long does a normal human spend on the net?!?!?! :lol:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I spend way too much time on the internet. I wouldn't say I am addicted to it, though. I went over six weeks without it in 2001, and almost two weeks without it in 2002.

Anyway, at least it's better than sitting in front of a TV all day...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I spend way too much time on the internet. I wouldn't say I am addicted to it, though. I went over six weeks without it in 2001, and almost two weeks without it in 2002. After a few days without it, you forget all about it.

Anyway, at least it's better than sitting in front of a TV all day...
Since around 1997, there have been very few days when I haven't been on the net! I am rather worried about it now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am going to have to take some time out for a couple of weeks as it is unhealthy! I will limit myself to 20 mins a day to moderate this forum and check emails and then switch the damn thing off!! I am going to read the entire works of Shakespear and Nietzsche in 2 weeks with the time I would have spent online!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

I am on the internet most of the time i am at home, mostly because i can still chat with my friends through AIM, and I can go to message boards. It helps having DSL. Before my family had high speed internet, i was on once a week at most, now im on alot, maybe too much. It hasn't gotten in the way of my normal life, but it has botched my grades a little bit
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

DaveMatthewsFan wrote:It hasn't gotten in the way of my normal life, but it has botched my grades a little bit
My grades at uni are down on average from my first year!! I am in my final year now and have exams on thur and fri!! :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I would say I'm on about 2hours a day.My wife is on 4 and I mean were on dialup, but I don't care cause we get our caller messages over the net through Callwave.com.
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

i used to be a junkie, and would go on on the dot at 10 pm (when the phone is finally free from other people who use my line), and stay out to 2 - 3, even 4 am

(actually, now i think about it, ive stay up as late as 5 on occasions)

now, i m there til 1 maybe, and on weekends til 2 (although i dont get home until midnight n weekends, so its only two hours)

running your own website and being a prominant member (on a few other) message boards certianly take a lot out.

paying out AOL customers is always a bit of a laugh as well.
especially those who sign up with the free CD thingy.. eeurch. get away.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I am going to have to take some time out for a couple of weeks as it is unhealthy! I will limit myself to 20 mins a day to moderate this forum and check emails and then switch the damn thing off!! I am going to read the entire works of Shakespear and Nietzsche in 2 weeks with the time I would have spent online!!

Get married and have kids that not only stops you using the internet, it stops you using the computer!!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I don't use the net much. When i'm using the computer at night though i normally log in to this forum before closing the screen. This is just so i can check any new postings as i do whatever i'm actually using the pc to do. So if i seem to be logged in for ages that's why.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am officially sick and must cut down on internet usage. I am wasting my life away!!! I have been online all day since 8 am and it is now past 11pm!! Now that is a mammoth session!! In that time, I have been away from the computer for about 1 1/2 hours.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

I'm online 45 hours a day.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

bong wrote:I'm online 45 hours a day.

that is really something! :-)
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Messenging, Emails, this Forum keep me onlining all day, everyday... Thank goodness I don't use a PayAsYouGo thing....
Jintzey
Axe
Axe

Post by Jintzey »

kjnpf wrote:I am officially sick and must cut down on internet usage. I am wasting my life away!!! I have been online all day since 8 am and it is now past 11pm!! Now that is a mammoth session!! In that time, I have been away from the computer for about 1 1/2 hours.
Well if there's nothing else to do and it's not interfering with other things in your life, as long as you enjoy it, what does it matter how much time you spend online? (Or is that just MY excuse? hehe) :mrgreen:
Jintzey
Axe
Axe

Post by Jintzey »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:at least it's better than sitting in front of a TV all day...
I agree, TV is usually so mindless and you just sit there on a couch, often munching away on junk food. At least on a computer, you can have fun while learning technical things, improving your typing speed, and keeping your hands too busy to munch constantly. I can't believe how much faster my typing got from chatting online for the past 8 years, LOL. :lol: