go grab 2 free Roger songs

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

Do you like the two new songs?

Yes
61%
They are okay
15%
No
24%

Total votes: 66

DarkWallMother88
Axe
Axe

Post by DarkWallMother88 »

I like them, but rogers songs are two wordy....i prefer daves stuff because its there perfect combo of guitar and vocals.
Johnny Rotten
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Johnny Rotten »

Musically he recycles his old tricks... like all PF members have done in the past decade. sad.
tempest
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tempest »

The man has done it again.
Amazing work.
Can't wait for the full album.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I love his new music
the mans amazing
I can't wait for a new album
Auggie
Axe
Axe

Post by Auggie »

After a few listenings i still like the songs, but i must say i wish he had taken more advantage of the musical talents that he have acsess to in the bleeding hearts band.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Rog was never one to waste a tune or idea - its like listening to amused to death all over again
floydbabe
Blade
Blade

Post by floydbabe »

To kill the child, I think that song will always remind me of what happened in Russia today. :(
jizhomer
Blade
Blade

Post by jizhomer »

Yep, I like em! "I like To Kill The Child" more I think, and "Leaving Beirut" does definitely sound reminiscent of Amused To Death, but thats no bad thing! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the new album!! :D
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

well I like the new songs a lot
esp Leaving Beirut
I think this track should definitively answer miss Libby's earlier question: does roger speak French?

as I opined in another thread, I think Rog should forget the pressures to create hit singles with singalong choruses and guitar solos, and further explore his strengths, amongst which obviously is storytelling
this song is a wonderful piece of storytelling, using minimal musical elements as a sonic backdrop
but I like that sort of thing (Patti Smith, some PFunk, Laurie Anderson's early work)

and the story really moved me
it reminded me very much of a trip I took to Morocco when I was younger
the descriptions of the house's interior, the meal, and the complete unselfish generosity of the couple he met exactly described a few folks who invited me to stay in their houses when I was in Morocco
plus of course the wistful question of what ever happened to these people

its a good lesson of the benefits of travelling when you're young

J Ed

now if I can just figure out a way to record an audio stream to a wav file!
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

oh no, screaming ladies again...... :smt012
diablo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by diablo »

After 18 years of being a devoted Roger Waters fan(and thought I would be for life) this is the worst notes he has ever put on a sheet of music.
I wonder if he has any songs about the twin towers falling on his new album that i will never buy or even bother getting it for free from winmx.
This is a very sad day for me. The man I have looked up to for so many years has let me down. Sorry to bring everybody down on this topic but it is a public forum and I just got to let all my fellow floyd fans know how I feel. Roger just put up a wall between me and him. If anyone is interested I will be putting my RW autograph up for sale on ebay. I thought I would never part with this. I have no place for it in my home anymore. :cry:
DerangedMadman
Axe
Axe

Post by DerangedMadman »

I don?t know why it is I just don?t like waters solo stuff his singing bugs me. He was good in pink Floyd and then Boom he hit a wall. After he invited Cindy Lapher (sp?) to sing pink Floyd songs something about him bugs me. I just can?t get in to this solo crap. Just me though.

Rogers with out Floyd is nothing to me. I have enjoyed Gilmours solo Stuff Syd's evern Ricks And Nices I just thing waters stuff is crap the singing in it bugs me to death.
ego
Axe
Axe

Post by ego »

Roger never was the best singer, but his lyrics have always been interesting. I found myself listening to 'Leaving Beirut' over and over again. I think it was definitely worth the wait. Between these two new tracks, 'Flickering Flame', and 'Each Small Candle', it will be interesting to see how the 'new' album turns out (if it's ever finished!).
Johnny Rotten
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Johnny Rotten »

IMO, Ricks, Daves, Rogers are the same old stuff. It is very bad songs with that typical guitar sound. I guess they are all dinosaurs and cant make anything new or innovative. truly old mens music.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

diablo wrote:After 18 years of being a devoted Roger Waters fan(and thought I would be for life) this is the worst notes he has ever put on a sheet of music.
I wonder if he has any songs about the twin towers falling on his new album that i will never buy or even bother getting it for free from winmx.
This is a very sad day for me. The man I have looked up to for so many years has let me down. Sorry to bring everybody down on this topic but it is a public forum and I just got to let all my fellow floyd fans know how I feel. Roger just put up a wall between me and him. If anyone is interested I will be putting my RW autograph up for sale on ebay. I thought I would never part with this. I have no place for it in my home anymore. :cry:
what exactly annoys you so much to even sell your autograph?