go grab 2 free Roger songs

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

Do you like the two new songs?

Yes
61%
They are okay
15%
No
24%

Total votes: 66

David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I like Leaving Beiruit, and ok, so the backing vocals annoy me a bit, but the verse is so haunting and intense that the chorus can be forgiven. To kill the child though i can't say i'm to fond of, it just sounds like Roger running through the motions again and really nothing that couldn't have just been on amused to death

Still, with Leaving Beiruit i still have faith for the next album
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Yucateco wrote:
diablo wrote:After 18 years of being a devoted Roger Waters fan(and thought I would be for life) this is the worst notes he has ever put on a sheet of music.
I wonder if he has any songs about the twin towers falling on his new album that i will never buy or even bother getting it for free from winmx.
This is a very sad day for me. The man I have looked up to for so many years has let me down. Sorry to bring everybody down on this topic but it is a public forum and I just got to let all my fellow floyd fans know how I feel. Roger just put up a wall between me and him. If anyone is interested I will be putting my RW autograph up for sale on ebay. I thought I would never part with this. I have no place for it in my home anymore. :cry:
what exactly annoys you so much to even sell your autograph?
I'm wondering the exact same thing. I mean it's not like he committed some terrible crime against your family...so he let you down musically. Is that enough for you to turn against what he has done in the past? Your decision seems very hasty and impetuous to me. The things I have gotten rid of in my life have been things that have either been sitting around for years that I don't need anymore, or it is a necessity to get rid of it because of a change of lifestyle, like moving, which would not accommodate them, or having to sell things to so that I can EAT and those are heartwrenching decisions to make. Not because of a fit of passion, or hot temper of the moment. This is just so very typical of our disposable society.

BTW, I know of a very good home where your autograph will be VERY MUCH appreciated. I'm sure many of the forum members do too.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

if you don't want your autagraph send it to me
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

ok, seriously......I like To Kill the child better than Leaving Beiruit, though sometimes To Kill The Child reminds me when Austin Powers sings "Just the two of us" in one of his movies...... IMO Leaving Beiruit could perfectly fit in Amused To Death, I don't like too much when roger "talks" a lot, and then comes the singing....formula used a lot in Amused to Death....also, like i said in a previous post, i think i've had it with the screaming ladies......
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

Pugs on the Wing wrote: I mean it's not like he committed some terrible crime against your family...
well, who knows? maybe roger actually did..we don't really know where diablo comes from or his political views, i got the feeling he is taking it too personally for a very special reason, perhaps not the songs themselves but what they satnd for.

and yes, that autograph was misplaced from the start, thank you diablo for righting this wrong..send all you've got :lol:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

moreblues wrote:
Pugs on the Wing wrote: I mean it's not like he committed some terrible crime against your family...
well, who knows? maybe roger actually did..we don't really know where diablo comes from or his political views, i got the feeling he is taking it too personally for a very special reason.
Do you think so, moreblues? Do you think Roger was up to some no good with diablo's family?

Ooooh...conspiracies! I love 'em! :lol:
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:
moreblues wrote: well, who knows? maybe roger actually did..we don't really know where diablo comes from or his political views, i got the feeling he is taking it too personally for a very special reason.
Do you think so, moreblues? Do you think Roger was up to some no good with diablo's family?

Ooooh...conspiracies! I love 'em! :lol:
if you look to the content of the songs you will understand why some would definitely think they are anti-them only because it speaks the truth..
look how he wished the twin tower would have fallen over rog's new album it makes a lot of sense.
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

the other explanation would be that diablo's full name is:
Diablo Lloyd Webber and he's angry for his father's broken fucking fingers :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

moreblues wrote:Diablo Lloyd Webber and he's angry for his father's broken fucking fingers :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

is it just me or is Mr. Waters using once again the bass line from Another Brick in the Wall II for To Kill the Child...? Didn?t he already do this with What God Wants?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I half-expected the first long list in "Child" to end with the item Platinum HubCaps

and I now realize, having listened to a few more 70s boots (eg Violence in Birmingham), that the beginning of "Its a Miracle" is yet another reprise of Eugene!
but the Eugene basspattern was itself a reprise of Emily's, so the nothing new thing is nothing new

I personally like the so-called screaming ladies, but then I like old soul records
of course when you chart out the soulful vocals as precisely as I assume Rog does, they're not genuinely soulful then are they?

J Ed
diablo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by diablo »

Well it looks like I have alot of explaining to do today. Im so tired of all the media hoopla over Pres Bush and Tony Blair for doing the wrong thing in the middle east. I hate to see bombs going off every night on the other side of the world just as much as most people. In my heart after alot of soul searching I think we did what we had to do to make the world a safer
place. The line in the song about the Texas school system turns my stomach. I dont think he will be playing any shows there ever again. He can go to the great state of Texas and hang out with the Dixie Chicks.
I wish for once he would stay out of the field of the political world and just write rock and roll songs for all of his fans to enjoy. I hear enough of all this anti America bull sh%#. If hes so worried about it he should run for public office and make a differance on his own instead of trying to do it with music. If a tragedy God forbid ever happens in London like it did in New York who would be the first to give help. The good o USA. I think he just crossed the line a little to far this time. I dont mean to offend anyone with my views. Its just how I feel. I hope you respect my opinion as much as I do yours. Andrew Webber is not my father by the way!!!! Thank great God almighty. Please let me hear back from my fellow Floydians.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

i think i've had it with the screaming ladies......
Haha they are interesting.... I don't mind them altough they have become a tad "old" (in the sense that he's used them so much in the same way)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Charade I am wrote:though sometimes To Kill The Child reminds me when Austin Powers sings "Just the two of us" in one of his movies......
:lol: [-D-]
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

so has anybody yet figured out how to record an audio stream to a WAV file?
I'm sure it can be done but I'm not so technically coordinated

J Ed