go grab 2 free Roger songs

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

Do you like the two new songs?

Yes
61%
They are okay
15%
No
24%

Total votes: 66

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

J Ed wrote:so has anybody yet figured out how to record an audio stream to a WAV file?
I'm sure it can be done but I'm not so technically coordinated

J Ed
me! 8) I recorded the stereo mixer output of my soundcard in cubase.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

vos ist das "cubase"?

btw I was thinking its ironic people are complaining the new songs sound like Amused to Death

cuz remember when he did Radio KAOS and everybody was complaining
"oh no it got too many bouncing percussive thingies and call-and-response choruses:
its not Pink Floyd! its funk!"

then when he did Amused to Death everybody was all like "now that sounds like Pink Floyd so its okay to like this one"

mr Waters must be getting confused - does the audience want a new sound or not?

J Ed
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

J Ed wrote:so has anybody yet figured out how to record an audio stream to a WAV file?
I'm sure it can be done but I'm not so technically coordinated

J Ed
here is the answer to your trouble in life:

http://www.download.com/PolderbitS-Soun ... 13923.html
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

thanks MoreBlues
that worked like a charm

now if only that did answer the trouble in my life!

J Ed
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Hey, I just remembered...

It's Roger's Birthday today September 6!
Painmaster
Blade
Blade

Post by Painmaster »

But it's still sept. 5th.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Painmaster wrote:But it's still sept. 5th.
You're right...in the Americas and very western Europe it still is. I was just being ahead of myself. :lol:
ALB
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ALB »

A few things here....

First of all, I think we all have to remember that these are "demos". I'm sure the constructive criticism about Rogers voice not being mixed in high enough during the narration of Leaving Beruit and the female background singers voices being mixed to loudly are all things they will consider when making a master cut for a future CD. Also, I'm sure musically these songs will change a bit. If I'm not mistaken, Roger is playing keyboards on these songs - and I seriously doubt he'll be the one at the keyboard for a released version. The songs are musically very simplistic, and I think thats because they are just demos.

I dont remember who posted the comment about Roger bashing the USA. While I agree that anti-USA songs really suck, who in here can say they honestly didnt see this coming? Roger has been writing songs against war for as long as I can remember. Its ironic that he's chosen to take up at least semi-permanent residence in this shithole of a country tho (Long Island, NY) :wink:

ALB
mblostchord
Embryo
Embryo

Come on Diablo... Lighten Up

Post by mblostchord »

I knew before reading Diablo's "real reason for hating Water's autograph" what he was going to say. He didn't hate the fact that the two songs sucked. He hates Bush-bashing.

The Only Logical Explanation for Bush Supporters:
I don't know anything about Diablo, but I assume he's kind of like me: he's not rich and has never met George W. Bush.

Bush supporters who cast away liberal friendships or, in this case, Roger Waters and his music, suffer from the following post-9/11 illnesses:

1. "If I keep listening to Waters and my liberal friends, George W. Bush won't put me in his cabinet for his second term."

2. "George W. Bush won't have a beer with me if I oppose him."

Reality:
Besides the fact that most of us will probably never ever meet Jesus... I mean George, if that meeting magically does happen, here is how Diablo can prepare:

1. Go to church more often and change your name from Diablo to something happier.

2. Listen to awful country music as you circle around his "Western White House" in Texas... someone will probably notice you and either shoot you or have a beer with you.

As for the two new songs... I don't love them or hate them. I appreciate Waters' effort, but still these aren't the types of songs that I ever consider listening to in my car on a happy day.

:evil:
Painmaster
Blade
Blade

Post by Painmaster »

[/quote]
You're right...in the Americas and very western Europe it still is. I was just being ahead of myself. :lol:[/quote]

Well its the sixth now. So you are right. Happy B-day Mr. Waters.
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

J Ed wrote:thanks MoreBlues
that worked like a charm

now if only that did answer the trouble in my life!

J Ed
you are welcome J Ed, so this didn't solve all your life trouble huh, well i happen to know a couple of other softwares.. :lol:

but really it didn't work for me perfectly as the sound quality was dramatically reduced,, did you have this problem or was it fine with you./
muted censor
Embryo
Embryo

Work in Progress

Post by muted censor »

I think these are definately "growers"
I remember the first time I listened to ATD and I sat there and I felt cold. Something inside me hadn't reacted to the album in the way I thought. I actually thought at that time that I didn't like it. But then I listened, and listened and fell in love. Something about Rogers music has the ability to challenge you mentally.
I also remember when Rog "previewed" What God Wants at Seville and I thought it wasn't really what I was expecting and I wasn't sure if I liked it. However, then as part of ATD it felt right and fitted and was amazing.
His voice - again - I thought was terribly weak in Seville but with ATD and subsequent tours things got alot better. I'm sure it'll be better in the album. emember the "demo" of Lost Boys calling...well look how that turned out in the end!
These tracks are definately growers but they are Works in Progress - although my initial reaction was that To Kill the Child was something Leonard Cohen might produce these days.
I am willing to bet that if they make it onto the album, the context will work in their favour - but I am also willing to bet that they'll sound a little different too.

Just some ramblings....

Keep listening!
fs
Axe
Axe

Boohhh.... what a bunch of crap!

Post by fs »

:shock: I couldn't believe my ears! I mean, it's 12 years ago since the man came up with some new songs...well 'new' is questionable isn't it?
Let's face it: these songs are so predictable...the same old Waters' recipe with NOTHING whatsoever that surprises.

I am afraid that this is in fact caracteristic of the whole new album still to come (I hope not!)
maltjik
Axe
Axe

oh, roger...

Post by maltjik »

I'm somewhat disappointed, but not surprised.
I mean, the songs are the same ones he's written for the last 25 years.
The female choir is definetly starting to get boring now.

And Rogers rapping wasn't that exciting on "to kill..." and he seems as pained as ever when singing ordinary.

But he is definetly a great writer. But it's a shame that he doesn't work more with the music.
I wonder if he ever has considered to write a book whith short stories and poems instead of doing another record...
Auggie
Axe
Axe

Re: oh, roger...

Post by Auggie »

maltjik wrote: I wonder if he ever has considered to write a book whith short stories and poems instead of doing another record...
Heh... thats just what we need... Roger starting on another project while he only has "the rock album", "ca ira" and "the wall on broadway" lying around... :P