Nick Played with Rog at Wembley

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
matt

Nick Played with Rog at Wembley

Post by matt »

Nick did end up playing on Set the Controls last night with Roger.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

yes he did.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

correctomondo
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Uh...right on.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

coooool 8)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I was there too and nearly burst out crying like baby!!!! I was also fortunate enough to be at the Glastonbury show as well, anyone who has the BBC footage look out for the fatbloke during WYWH that gets the close up on the ''year after year'' lyric, thats me!!! Also again during Comfortably Numb, altho the audiance footage for that track was broadcast out of sync so it looks like im just yelling at the camera like some drunken madman!! :oops:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I was there too and nearly burst out crying like baby!!!! I was also fortunate enough to be at the Glastonbury show as well, anyone who has the BBC footage look out for the fatbloke during WYWH that gets the close up on the ''year after year'' lyric, thats me!!! Also again during Comfortably Numb, altho the audiance footage for that track was broadcast out of sync so it looks like im just yelling at the camera like some drunken madman!! :oops:
I just watched my VCD of that show and there you are next to that chinese woman who is looking a little cautious of your arms flying about the air!!

I am trying to get a screen capture of it but the image is odd - it moves about!! The video image is independent of the bitmap if you know what I mean people? I need help!! :-)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Ah yes, that poor chinese girl, the first time i saw the footage i thought she had her fingers in her ears, and who would blame her :D

Im not certain about how to do image captures, I know you can export an mpeg as a bunch of BMP's with TMPEGEnc, you'll need to select the source range first otherwise you'll fill your hard drive in a matter of minutes. If you dont have TMPEGEnc then you can get it from http://www.vcdhelp.com and click on the ''convert'' section, its a great programme, Ive had loads of use out of it and its freeware, if you need any more help Keith just say the word but im sure you'll find your way round it OK.
Neil

Post by Neil »

simpledumbpilot wrote:anyone who has the BBC footage look out for the fatbloke during WYWH that gets the close up on the ''year after year'' lyric, thats me!!!
Hey I remember you from that clip very well!!! You made me chuckle.. :lol: :lol:
I wanted to go to Glastonbury but couldn't afford it - although I did see the wembley gig.. got a bit choked up with Mr Masons appearance :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

:D Its quite an embaressing clip, id also been living in a field for 4 days so i look a complete mess. One of my friends was watching it as it went out on air and apparently spat coffee out all over the front room when he saw my mug on the telly :D

One of the weird things about the footage is seeing people with it on Kazaa, i cant get used to the idea of being available for download :D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hey Pilot - what songs did Rog actually play that night? I understand it was a shortened set wasn't it? And how did he go down with the Glastonbury crowd?

I'll never understand how Rod Stewart headlined instead of Roger!!! What an insult.. I'm sure that most of the people there enjoyed Roger Waters playing his Pink Floyd songs better than Rod Stewart playing 'We are Sailing' for goodness sake!! :roll: :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

The set as I remember it was...

In The Flesh
Happiest Days
Brick 2
Mother
Pigs On The Wing 1
Dogs
Shine on (1-5)
Wish You Were Here
Shine On (6-9)
Breathe
Time
Money
Perfect Sense (1 + 2)
Its A Miracle
Amused To Death
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Comfortably Numb
Flickering Flame

Sadly no Final Cut material or Set The Controls, the only other tracks that were missing from the Wembley set was Welcome To The Machine, Every Strangers Eyes and Bravery of Being Out of Range.

The Floyd stuff went down really well and even the usually stoney faced security were singing along. Some of my friends were further back and said that the helicopter at the beginning of Happiest Days actually had people searching the skies! But thats no surprise tho, Rog did take a full quadrophonic sound system with him and had speakers scattered around the field to amazing effect, it was quite weird when they were testing it during the day as there were all sorts of sound effects flying round the field between bands, pretty cool! Oddly tho Rog still complained about the sound quality.

As has ben discussed so many times on this forum Rogers name doesnt carry the weight that Pink Floyd does which is a shame because he is technically the bigger artist but Rod Stewart was great fun, a good chance to kick back, finish off the wine and any other booze that was left and sing along to some good old fashioned cheesy fun. He left everyone on a high whereas Rogers set (altho a million times better) was much more serious and probably wouldnt have closed the festival quite as well.