Neptune PF FTP server info

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Neptune PF FTP server info

Post by Keith Jordan »

The aim of this thread is to let you people who downlaod stuff from my FTP server (including stuff from newsletter) whether there are any probems with it.

As of 29th Jan 2003 the server has been down most of the day as the insides of my monitor have melted and I am currently using a very old (7 years old) 13inch monitor!! Oh god. :lol:
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgogi
Embryo
Embryo

title

Post by jorgogi »

Hi there:

Which is the title of the febreaury Roio? (rom_febreuary)? :?:

thx in advance.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It doesnt have a name. :)
gooner
Embryo
Embryo

mac and ftp

Post by gooner »

Hi i have just been given a secod hand power mac running os 9 .2 i am very new to computers and am having real probs with ftp and downloading files especially the roio of month can anyone help
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: mac and ftp

Post by Keith Jordan »

gooner wrote:Hi i have just been given a secod hand power mac running os 9 .2 i am very new to computers and am having real probs with ftp and downloading files especially the roio of month can anyone help
If you follow the tutorial below, you should have no problems - assuming WS_FTP works on a MAC.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/downloads/ftp/
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Re: mac and ftp

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

kjnpf wrote:
gooner wrote:Hi i have just been given a secod hand power mac running os 9 .2 i am very new to computers and am having real probs with ftp and downloading files especially the roio of month can anyone help
If you follow the tutorial below, you should have no problems - assuming WS_FTP works on a MAC.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/downloads/ftp/
FYI, WS_FTP is Windows only, however there are a plethora of free, free-to-try and shareware ftp clients out there for Mac. Myself, I use Transmit.

I use a Mac and have had no problems connecting to Keith's server in the past, however today I tried it and couldn't connect so there may be a separate problem that is not related to your Macness, gooner.

His instructions, although for WS_FTP are easily translatable to any FTP client, Mac or Windows.

It should work, when it's working!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I just switched my FTP server off for about 1 1/2 hours as I am sending out my newsletter now!! It is usually on between 11am and 11pm GMT London. That is 5 hours ahead of east coast america I think.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

my computer has given up on me once again!!! No FTP server for a few days I think. If I go near my computer I will smash it!! Sorry. :-(
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Still not got round to fixing it and perhaps I never will. :roll:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Keith Jordan wrote:Still not got round to fixing it and perhaps I never will. :roll:
:cry:

Finals don't last forever, Keith! Thank goodness for that!

Take the time you need for your studies...we'll be here.
Troy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Troy »

I don't seem to be able to download from ftp - however I think my corporate network has blocked it... Is this likely or are there probs with the ftp server? :cry:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Troy wrote:I don't seem to be able to download from ftp - however I think my corporate network has blocked it... Is this likely or are there probs with the ftp server? :cry:
to many idiots were hamering the server, hacking it and messing me about so it is gone for good. :(
Draxxis
Embryo
Embryo

FTP Site

Post by Draxxis »

What is the FTP address??
Amarillo114
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Amarillo114 »

Will the FTP server work again???
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Read my last message 2 posts before this one and you will see that I said the server has gone for good. That means you dont need to know the address was npf.serveftp.net and the second posts is answered because the server is no longer available for the stated reasons. People hammering and abusing it. Hacking it. Disrespecting it and complaining to me about the speed of it. I pay for my broadband each month and give my bandwidth away to people for free and they have the cheek to complain about the speed of it!! Well no more I tell you!! :D