Roger Waters is a wanker!

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Roger Waters is a wanker!

Post by crofloyd »

I have read about Roger's reactions on Nick's book in Word magazine and I see Roger as a grumpy old wanker with non stop critics on Nick's book. The title of the book is PERSONAL HISTORY OF PINK FLOYD so Nick has the right to show things from his point of view.
WHY DOESN'T ROGER WRITE HIS SIDE OF THE STORY INSTEAD ON SPITTING ON HIS FORMER BANDMATE'S WORK?!
And all the time he is talking about how crappy TDB and AMLOR are! At least better than Pros and cons or Radio KAOS!
So, here's a message to Waters: leave Mason alone and give us your side of the story so WE can decide what is "utter bollocks"!
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Roger Waters is a wanker!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

crofloyd wrote:I have read about Roger's reactions on Nick's book in Word magazine and I see Roger as a grumpy old wanker with non stop critics on Nick's book. The title of the book is PERSONAL HISTORY OF PINK FLOYD so Nick has the right to show things from his point of view.
WHY DOESN'T ROGER WRITE HIS SIDE OF THE STORY INSTEAD ON SPITTING ON HIS FORMER BANDMATE'S WORK?!
And all the time he is talking about how crappy TDB and AMLOR are! At least better than Pros and cons or Radio KAOS!
So, here's a message to Waters: leave Mason alone and give us your side of the story so WE can decide what is "utter bollocks"!
i agree he should lay off nick, but AMLOR and TBD are sooooooo boring
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

It's easier to critize other than do it yourself. And as it has been said in other threads too, it's sad that Roger feels like that and only one who can change Roger's opinions is Roger himself. I don't like RW very much, but I try not to care of his statements. And I hope his statements won't hurt anybody. It's his opinion and he has a right to express his feelings. He propably is a wanker...
Cluster One
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cluster One »

saucerfulofmeddle wrote:i agree he should lay off nick, but AMLOR and TBD are sooooooo boring
:shock: :?: :shock:

Blasphemy! :lol:
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Well i have an awful lot of respect for Roger and as much as i agree about him slagging the albums off , it has kind of pissed me off a little that he has taken so bloody long to produce any new music so in a way, theres alot that we could have a dig back at him for. He obviously took it all to heart that no one would play his "amused to death" album and jees, you could certainly hear his tantrum on one of the radio interviews RWO.COM posted on here but instead of coming out fighting, what does he do.......goes and hides for a number of years..........Oh rog whats up with you ? He won't ever change, far too old for that now and the cynicism remains and burns bright.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I am sick of these threads
Cluster One
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cluster One »

LOL I was waiting for Libby's comment! Figured she would have been harsher than that.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

oh you expect me to be pleased I love and respect this man so much and has helped the music indrustry such much and you guys can do is point out the bad in Rog I am sorry but I am not going to st back and let this happen. I love his solo career with all of my heart. I am sick of this anti-Waters bull shit.
pinknewbie
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pinknewbie »

I think your right, he is. He never stops criticising others whether it be other floyd members or something to do with the war or whatever. The bottome line is he never follows up any of his own criticisms.

If he thinks everyone should be happy and there should be no war etc. back it up by giving up a 20 year old grudge against David GIlmour.

Although I think he is an asshole I still love him, all his work and everything he says. Lets face it no roger no floyd.

Although I do like the division bell.

Wow that makes no sesnse at all!!
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

There's huge disparity between what Roger Waters practices, and that which he preaches.
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

princessDungan74D wrote:I am sick of these threads
It's a forum. Forum = discussion. Discussion = some times people agree. Some times people don't. You do have the right Libby, to not read those threads which you might find offensive. Then the forum members who dislike Roger or his work, can discuss their opinions without offending you.
You also have the right to stand up for your love of Roger, but, may I please remind you that this is a "discussion" forum. If you post an opinion, it will be replied to by someone.

princessDungan74D wrote:oh you expect me to be pleased I love and respect this man so much and has helped the music indrustry such much and you guys can do is point out the bad in Rog I am sorry but I am not going to st back and let this happen. I love his solo career with all of my heart. I am sick of this anti-Waters bull shit.
No one said, "libby, you have to be pleased with this thread." jmillroy was a bit insensitive in saying that he(?) expected you to post, but it is to be expexted that you would. If anyone speaks ill of Barrett, I guarantee I will go ballistic in the forum. That's my right to do so. But I must know that if I do, it will be met with opposition. No one has said in this thread that Roger Waters is a terrible person. (Save for the provocative wording of the title of the thread.) People have only pointed out FACTS that Roger is attacking Nick for his book. No one has just said, "I hate Roger," with unsupported evidence.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Yeah I admit that Roger should really keep his mouth shut. This is a funny Picture!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Rog is a cranky old man who needs to lighten up and start forgiving/forgetting.........himself mainly, which is why he is still so hardass.....he won't admit he was wrong......
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

hes mainly hurting himself really...........hes making himself look bad and losing respect from his fans......it breaks my heart say this but hes needs to stop acting like a jackass.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

crofloyd wrote: The title of the book is PERSONAL HISTORY OF PINK FLOYD so Nick has the right to show things from his point of view.
Maybe he's concerned that Gilmour would take issue with it...like he did with Nick's book.

Let's not forget, folks...Mason's book was supposed to have been out over a year ago; but Gilmour apparently took issue with Mason writing the "official" history of Pink Floyd (as the book was originally called.)

I think all four of them should write their own books...each of them. That would really be the only way to get a "complete" history, really.