Do you think Syd cried?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

What do you think?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 48

Hawkeye the floyder
Blade
Blade
Location: Darkside of The Moon, The Otherside (Birmingham, UK)

Post by Hawkeye the floyder »

i dont think he wouldve....he's always in his own little world....likehe never turnedup at the pink floyd cort case.....and he didnt see dave win or anything so he probably didnt even recognise that it was pink floyd!
Vegetable-Man
Axe
Axe

Post by Vegetable-Man »

jmillroy wrote:In the world that Syd lives in, there was/is (unfortunately) no crying. I'm sure his attention span wouldn't have lasted through the first few bars of Shine On... before he said something like "Look, there's an airplane up in the sky" and lost interest in the band's tribute to him... :(
I think thats terrible to say. Syd wasn't that bad off. He came into the studio and listened to the entire song with Roger. Commenting that "It sounded a bit old." Whatever that means. I don't believe he cried though. Syd was living in his own world, a world that didn't involve much emotion I don't believe. He never cried when he was in the studio. He walked in on an afternoon, stayed with Roger for supper, and then walked home. One of the funniest quotes I can remember Syd saying was something like, "My God Syd, how did you get so fat?" (Roger) "Well I have a very large refridgerator at home and I've been eating a lot of pork chops."
Cluster One
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cluster One »

Vegetable-Man wrote:
jmillroy wrote:In the world that Syd lives in, there was/is (unfortunately) no crying. I'm sure his attention span wouldn't have lasted through the first few bars of Shine On... before he said something like "Look, there's an airplane up in the sky" and lost interest in the band's tribute to him... :(
I think thats terrible to say.
Aye maybe 'tis terrible, but probably close to the truth. It was more of a reference to the distant, innocent, childlike-wonder of Syd's persona, as might be represented by the child in Goodbye Blue Sky, hence the airplane quote. :wink: In a way, it was kind of a compliment to Syd.
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

Just stirring up some conversation:

How do you know Syd ever listened to Wish You Were Here, other than in the studio.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

Jangus wrote:Just stirring up some conversation:

How do you know Syd ever listened to Wish You Were Here, other than in the studio.
if he never listened to WYWH the thread should be "Would syd have cried?"
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Jangus wrote:Just stirring up some conversation:

That's exactly what I was going to say. Syd has stated he doesn't really listen to music. I also don't think listening to Pink Floyd is his top priority if/when he ever does.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I cried when I heard AMLOR! :twisted:
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I cried when I heard AMLOR! :twisted:
dogs of war=poo on a stick
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Not only do I not think Syd cried, but I also don't think that he even cared about the album.....

The subject of Pink floyd, or its members, in general, makes him depressed, so the more he keeps it out of his head the better.....
pinkcouncil73
Axe
Axe

Post by pinkcouncil73 »

I have a feeling he was confused.

Although maybe nowadays he cries knowing that his friends still thought ablut him

Maybe roger did a little too much :?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Do you think Syd cried?

Post by moom »

He might have...
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Charade I am wrote:I came up with this one while I was driving in my car, listening to Wish You Were Here.....do you think Syd cried when he listened to Wish You Were Here for the first time? I mean, it must had been a pretty emotional experience for him.....
I don't know if he cried (I believe he did not) but I know he stated that album was a bunch of obsolete crap.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

At the point of WYWH he just didn't want to be a musician anymore. It's painfully obvious. It's a shit lifestyle and when you get a wee bit of fame you don't know who your real friends are anymore and...well...I've never heard a long-time hard working musician say, "you know, ever since I became famous everything's got a lot easier and it's really eased my mind".
greensubmarine
Knife
Knife

Re:

Post by greensubmarine »

no-good-trying wrote:I dont think he did either

I do feel he was aware of what the song was about but i just dont think he was to bothered about it.

I dont know why but i always suspected he might have found the whole situation rather funny........playing with his odd sence of humour.
haha i thought the same thing

i selected yes by accident tho b/c i didnt read the first post....im sure he has cried at some point in his life :lol: