thought for new floyd album

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

thought for new floyd album

Post by madcap69 »

:evil: if davegilmour does not want to do a hole floyd thing again, and mason, and wright do. Why not get Dave to do 3or 4 songs. Than if nick and roger are getting a long get roger to do 1 or2 songs Roger(vocals,bass), nick(drums), harry waters (keyboards) Jon carin (lead guiter) on 3or4 songs with Dave. dave( vocals,lead Gutar) Rick ( key boards) Guy pratt (bass) Nick(drums). Ok thats only 4 to6 songs, So lets say on the postive side it's six songs. So they do 2 instumentail pices, And then 2 songs with Rick (vocals, keybords), Nick (drums), Jon carin (vocals, lead guiter), Guy pratt (bass). ROG., and Dave never see each other. Dave doesnt get over worked.

Tour, Get Dave to do the shows in Britain and France ( close to home). Beg Roger to do 2 to3 shows in the states. And have Jon Carin do lead vocals the rest of the tour. Both Dave and Rog. have worked with carin before so it could work. What do ya all think dudes.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

:roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Somebody really wants a Floyd gig!! :lol:
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Its probably not the making of an album that makes Dave hesitate, but the whole touring-thing. But why not make a tour like The Wall-tour ???
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

A long time ago on a web board far far away, I remember suggesting that they make an album with 12 songs, 3 by each member, they only practice in the studio together, and that they travel separately, stay at different hotels and only are together when they are practicing onstage or performing.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Good idea on the surface Bong, but I'm not sure I'd want to listen to 3 songs that Nick wrote plus the fact that Roger would need more than 3 songs to effectively write about the war and his father.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

quicksilver wrote:the fact that Roger would need more than 3 songs to effectively write about the war and his father.
I think this is disrespecting Roger Waters. I think this is breaking the rules of this forum.

What do you think, Moderator?
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

I don't want David Gilmour to ever write another song. His song writing is horrendous.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
quicksilver wrote:the fact that Roger would need more than 3 songs to effectively write about the war and his father.
I think this is disrespecting Roger Waters. I think this is breaking the rules of this forum.

What do you think, Moderator?
As moderator, I find this to not be disrespectful to Roger anymore than any comments that you've made about Dave.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I have not made any disrespectful comments about David Gilmour SINCE the rules were put in place.

In contrast, Quicksilver's latest post in this thread was posted just yesterday and it is a bashing of Roger Waters.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Oh please, I'm not bashing Rog in any sense of the word; the fact is that he likes to write about war and his father and I stated that. Now just before "NewEarthMud" stated that he thinks David's song writing is horrendous. Now what do you call that? isn't that Dave bashing? He stated 100% opinion and I stated 100% fact.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Roger has very rarely wrote about his father, if you will.

Free Four - "And I am the dead man's son."
ABITW Part I - "Daddy's flown across the ocean"
When The Tigers Broke Free - "And that's how the High Command took my daddy from me."
The Post War Dream - "Is it for this that daddy died?"
Three Wishes - "I wish when I was young my old man had not been gone..."

Five (Six if you count WYWH) songs out of HOW many? And only ONE solo song!

Heck, David Gilmour has sung nearly as much about Roger Waters.

You Know I'm Right
Poles Apart - "Hey you..."
Lost For Words

And there's probably another song or two that slips my mind right now.

This "Roger likes to sing about his father"-talk is crap and it is an example of bashing Roger Waters IMO. As for if he likes to write about war, I don't know if he LIKES to write about war simply because he does do so rather often. It's not reasonable to say that it is a fact he likes to write about war. I most certainly would not say he LIKES to write about the father he never met. He's an artist. He writes what comes to him.
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

quicksilver wrote:Oh please, I'm not bashing Rog in any sense of the word; the fact is that he likes to write about war and his father and I stated that. Now just before "NewEarthMud" stated that he thinks David's song writing is horrendous. Now what do you call that? isn't that Dave bashing? He stated 100% opinion and I stated 100% fact.
True...True
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

What do you think, Moderator?[/quote]

It's edging on it, i would have deleted it if his phrasing had been different (Keith should be saying this eh?) but all he did was comment that he would need more than 3 songs to cover this effectivly, because as we all know Roger is the master of the concept album which to retain his title as that he would need more than 3 songs for a concept album.

Now where as yeah he was slightly ripping the urine out of Waters it's hardly anything that people can disagree with considering he does mention war all the time. oh, and that was actually a quote from Nick Mason to, and for that reason it shall remain up.

Keith may delete it though. Just don't make this any more of a debate or the thread goes down.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

My intent was not to bash Rog in any way; but I'll be carefull in future posts.