Flash Card Thread

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
mosespa

Flash Card Thread

Post by mosespa »

Okay...the idea is NOT to post your responses, but to record them (by whatever means necessary, Stu has volunteered to deal with cleanup and such) and make an MP3.

I've no doubt that once this gets underway, other members may come up with questions of their own...I think this should be encouraged, in fact. So, if you think of questions add them to the thread.

Of course, this means that anyone wishing to participate should continue to pay attention to this thread in order to record their responses as new questions arise.

Just a suggestion, but to make you answers as natural as possible, feel free to go into as much (or as little) detail as you like. If your answer goes into depth, plunge right in...we're all friends here, right?

What's your favorite colour?

Your favorite animal?

Where did your screen name come from?

How did Pink Floyd enter your life?

What does Pink Floyd mean to you?

Are you afraid of dying?

Have you ever wronged someone?

How did it make you feel?

Have you ever been violent?

Were you in the right?

What was your last nightmare?

What do you fear the most?

Why?

What sort of fruit do you think you'd be?

Have you ever felt you were going insane?

What are your thoughts on religion?

On War?

Share a childhood memory of a favorite place.

What is your biggest regret?

What's your favorite season?

What's your favorite TV show?

Paper or plastic?

Would you like something to eat?

Would you like to learn to fly?

What are your thoughts on growing old?

If you were given one weekend to live, what would you do with it?

Who do you miss the most?

Which fits you best? Dog, Pig or Sheep?

What's the most valuble thing your parents taught you?

If you could go back in time, what would you do differently?

Are you paranoid?

What shall we do now?
Last edited by mosespa on Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Hmm, I'll do this at some point in the next little while as long as somebody can host the mp3s...
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Hmm... I haven't got a mic at this computer, but I'll see what I can do.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

So... you want us to SPEAK our answers? Interesting.... I'll see if we can mic our computer, too...
Cluster One
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cluster One »

I see what's going on here, and just for the record...

I was certainly in the right :twisted:
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Mosespa: do I have to make one big mp3-file with all my answers, or each answer on its own (which will not make it easy). And to who do I send it to?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I should think that one MP3 file will do it. Stu can convert it to a wave file and chop it up into smaller bits as needed.

Don't quote me on this until I make absolutely sure this is the case, but I believe you send the MP3 to Stu (simpledumbpilot) and he'll take it from there.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

If you would like your repsonses to be used on the NPF tribute CD then emailing them to me is fine, a specific e-mail address has been set up for any audio material anyone wants to send in for the project, which is...

[email protected]

If you do not have the means to record your responses on your computer then you can always send me them via snail mail on good old cassette, mini-disc, DAT or even 8-Track Cartridge! yes I do have one! send me a private message for details on where to send to.

Important: When e-mailing me please be sure to include your name (should you wish it to be known publicly) and / or your forum username but it would be nice (altho not essential) to have both so I can pass on the information of whos contributed to those doing the booklet design.

Please note: I do not have the means to host these, unless someone steps forward offering some webspace then Im afraid its down to you but http://www.myspace.com are pretty good for free webspace so if you would like your responses made available on the forum then that would be a good way to go.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

i have made this an mp3 and sent it to "simpledumbpilot"

Are you afraid of dying?
Nah I?m not afraid of dying. Its gona happen some day

Have you ever wronged someone?
who me??? Yer I have

How did it make you feel?
The adrelin rushing through my vains is the most
unbelieveable feeling!!!

Have you ever been violent?
I?m always violent, once I start I cant stop. The feeling of smackin someone right in the kisser fills me with the gratification that is otherwise unexplainable.

What do you fear the most?
I fear myself. Sometimes I just go into a state of not knowing who I am, where I am, or who is gona get this bullet in their head!!!

Have you ever felt you were going insane?
I am insane, didn?t u notice???

On War?
War brings people together. The sharing of blood is something that unifies us!

What are your thoughts on growing old?
Lets get one thing straight, no one grows old as such, age has nothing to do with it. With everyday that passes we only grow wiser, not older, not younger, only wiser.

Are you paranoid?
Me??? I?m not paranoid? ahh whats tapping my shoulder??????

ofcourse i was exagerating lol
pinknewbie
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pinknewbie »

I did it and then decided my answers were shit and i dont have a british accent so i didnt save em.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

pinknewbie wrote:I did it and then decided my answers were shit and i dont have a british accent so i didnt save em.
Dont worry about not having a british accent, I think the more different accents the better! It will give the album more of a global feel.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Hey,

LOL didnt do the british accent LOL ROFL!!! PinkNewbie you silly person.

Cheers
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
pinknewbie wrote:I did it and then decided my answers were shit and i dont have a british accent so i didnt save em.
Dont worry about not having a british accent, I think the more different accents the better! It will give the album more of a global feel.
Pinknewbie, I gather you're from Australia? Australian accent would give it a different touch. And like SDP said it will the album a more global feel.

Please remember this is a tribute CD and not 'we're-going-to-pledgerise-all-the-stuff' CD. :wink: :D

So there ya go, cough up your answers now. :smt023
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i have sent them via the email ..
okely dokely
jugband man
Embryo
Embryo

QUESTION?!

Post by jugband man »

HELLO, SIMPLEDUMBPILOT

THE RECORDED RESPONSES CAN BE SEND TO YOU IN THE SAME CD OF SONGS TO TRIBUTE ?

SORRY BY THE ENGLISH!!! :?: :oops:
simpledumbpilot wrote:If you would like your repsonses to be used on the NPF tribute CD then emailing them to me is fine, a specific e-mail address has been set up for any audio material anyone wants to send in for the project, which is...

[email protected]

If you do not have the means to record your responses on your computer then you can always send me them via snail mail on good old cassette, mini-disc, DAT or even 8-Track Cartridge! yes I do have one! send me a private message for details on where to send to.

Important: When e-mailing me please be sure to include your name (should you wish it to be known publicly) and / or your forum username but it would be nice (altho not essential) to have both so I can pass on the information of whos contributed to those doing the booklet design.

Please note: I do not have the means to host these, unless someone steps forward offering some webspace then Im afraid its down to you but http://www.myspace.com are pretty good for free webspace so if you would like your responses made available on the forum then that would be a good way to go.