Flash Card Thread

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: QUESTION?!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

jugband man wrote:HELLO, SIMPLEDUMBPILOT

THE RECORDED RESPONSES CAN BE SEND TO YOU IN THE SAME CD OF SONGS TO TRIBUTE ?

SORRY BY THE ENGLISH!!! :?: :oops:
Hi, Yes, sending the responses on the same CD as the song is fine.

Thanks
Stu
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

I have to congratulate whoever came up with this fantastic idea of doing a tribute album....it?s so exciting, and the best thing is that we can colaborate in many ways........I?ll be recording my answers as soon as I get home.....I can come up with answers from my own questions? apart from answering the questions in the first post of this thread, right?
Last edited by Charade I am on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Charade I am wrote:I can come up with answers from my own questions? a part from answering the questions in the first post of this thread, right?
Yes, any ideas you have are more than welcome. Feel free to post your question ideas in this thread too.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

We could still use more people to send in Flash Card Responses, mp3 is fine as its just speech and will be layered over tracks with effects so if you fancy sending in answers to the questions posed in the first post in this thread please e-mail them to [email protected] You dont have to answer all the questions, just as many as you like and if you fancy throwing some of your own in too then please feel free to.
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

i just emailed a 5-6 minute mp3 of responses to the main "dark side" questions. hope the file comes through ok and is of some use!

:)
Tranquil Oblivion
Embryo
Embryo

floyd lyric medley speech

Post by Tranquil Oblivion »

rather than answer questions, i have written a verse with quotes from classic floyd songs, i can record it in spoken word if it's suitable.
it goes like this:

"i wish you were here so i could welcome you to the machine where in 1 day you'd find 10 years had got behind you while you race towards an early grave............."etc,etc.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Flash Card Thread

Post by Duckboy »

this seems okay but maybe we should rephrase some of the questions tho provoke more than one word answers but for the colour one i would say green, i like green lol
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Well, the idea is to let yourself open up and ramble.

Myself, my favorite colour is Cobalt Blue...you know, that shade of blue that the shiny paper you used to get in art class in grade school was? Yeah...I wish the whole world was that color, in fact...or at least the spectrum of light that we currently call 'white.'

Like that. Then, there are many phrases which a creative producer can shape to fit.

If all you're doing is giving one-word answers, you're kind of missing the point, IMO.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

fair enough bu if we change the questions to prevent people from doing it is all im saying or ask why as a different question after and that way if we only wanted to use one part of the answer it would be easier to edit wow that seemed like a more solid reason before i started writing it :lol:
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Is this still live? I mean, has the deadline passed? Would tomorrow be too late if not?
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

mosespa wrote:Okay...the idea is NOT to post your responses, but to record them (by whatever means necessary, Stu has volunteered to deal with cleanup and such) and make an MP3..in fact. So, if you think of questions add them to the thread..Just a suggestion, but to make you answers as natural as possible, feel free to go into a-

• What's your favorite colour?
  • Pastel Blue OR Turqoise.
    Your favorite animal?
  • Dog (except that Australian Wild Dog).
    Where did your screen name come from?
  • I wanted to combine Syd Barrett and Roger Waters name to form the name of a school band I was playing guitar in;and after few thinksessions solo;I cameup with A+Syd+Waters as it sounded perfect for the kind of music I was into and also a tribute to my fav artists.

How did Pink Floyd enter your life?
  • I heard the songs from The Wall while visiting IIT Kanpur's hostel,and My G_D i was blown away by it;so I went on the hunt for this music called Pink Floyd and didn't know that Roger Waters was the member untill I bought the DSOTM tape with full credits,as getting tapes/lp with full album
    content inlay was nearly impossible back then in India.Once I got it I was hooked....and still am.
    What does Pink Floyd mean to you?
  • A reflection of myself both lyricswise and music wise.
    Are you afraid of dying?
  • Never.for its the one thing thats is assured during a lifetime.i had understood that there's no life without death;and who is to define that what we call as alive might be dead to the ones on the other side!!
    Have you ever wronged someone?
  • Yes, i think i have and have been searching for her to owe up and ask for forgiveness ,cause i never meant to hurt her feelings but then...

How did it make you feel?
  • Guilty with nightmares.
    Have you ever been violent?
  • Several times.I can't recall why but I have been violent.Yes.
    Were you in the right?
  • Perhaps;sometimes may be not othertimes.I can't testify.
    What was your last nightmare?
  • Being witness to a glass house getting shattered and I am standing as passive spectator while the shards cut the little kids.
    What do you fear the most?
  • Loosing my Insanity.
    Why?
  • Because bieng Insane makes me unvenrable to the ones who are Sane.
    What sort of fruit do you think you'd be?
  • Mango.
    Have you ever felt you were going insane?
  • Yes and i went insane from that day.
    What are your thoughts on religion?
  • I respect every person's choice of relegion but don't prescribe to Relegion as mandatory part of one's life.
    On War?
  • There always will be War because the only way we humans can resolve an issue when all else fails is to resort to violence and perhaps its in our genes.Since the pre-homo-sapien era;we'd no language but only tools to prove a point;and the one who had the edge won.
    Share a childhood memory of a favorite place.
  • Going to the woods and the national wildlife park in Dudhwa and the surrounding of tarais.
    What is your biggest regret?

What's your favorite season?

What's your favorite TV show?

Paper or plastic?
  • paper

Would you like something to eat?
  • anything sweet.
    Would you like to learn to fly?
  • absolutely.
    What are your thoughts on growing old?
  • a simple procedure of dying tissues and gaing wisdom.
    If you were given one weekend to live, what would you do with it?
  • don't know.
    Who do you miss the most?
  • the girl with short boy cut who i fell in love with and she too....
    Which fits you best? Dog, Pig or Sheep?
  • Sheepish dog.
    What's the most valuble thing your parents taught you?
  • ....???
    If you could go back in time, what would you do differently?
  • ..??
    Are you paranoid?
  • sometimes.i think i might've been.
    What shall we do now?
  • get on to a new brilliant idea or a just eat lotus.

davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

Annoying Twit wrote:Is this still live? I mean, has the deadline passed? Would tomorrow be too late if not?
:lol: sorry, i can't tell if you're joking or not. the deadline for this was something like two and a half years ago!

edit:

oh, i see. mossy bumped this to the top for the charybdis project. i gotcha!

hey geoff, how are you going to do this? are you having people email their responses to you? i'd be happy to contribute. i think i've still got your email addy from before. shall i record some responses and send them to you?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Anyone who wants to record their responses to these questions in 320k MP3 format can send them to me. If you need my email address, PM me for it.

There is over 16 minutes of composition to put voices to, so I can guarantee that everyone who sends answers will get at least one of them put on the track. I will basically choose what I think are the most creative and/or elaborate answers I get, whether or not they are really lucid. That doesn't matter so much to me. A bit of madness is definitely needed here. Maniacal laughing would be superb as well.

All accents, all languages, whatever. I think this would be best as a free-form exchange of ideas so whatever you want to record, please send it my way.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

bpmolder wrote:Anyone who wants to record their responses to these questions in 320k MP3 format can send them to me. If you need my email address, PM me for it.
I've just noticed that I get a smaller file if I use .flac compression instead of a 320kbs MP3. My original file was mono. Would it be better to send you flac files rather than MP3? Not that I suspect it will make any audible difference.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Either one is fine for voice quality.