Rearrange The Wall '90 musicians ..??!

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Neil

Rearrange The Wall '90 musicians ..??!

Post by Neil »

Now EVERYBODY I've spoken to reckons that Van Morrison shouldn't have sung CN. Question is who (on the night) would have done it better?? I'm going for Paul Carrick.. he did a good job on Hey You and he sounds more like Gilmour than VM.

Also on Mother - I'd have had Van Morrison singing the verse and Sinead singing the chorus (would have been more like the Rog/Katie Kasson ITF version then)..

Finally I'd have Rog and Bryan Adams singing together for ABITW pt 2. I like Cyndi Lauper - not here!!!!

Thoughts?
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Man alive, Paul Carrick murdered Hey You with his whoa yeah! woo! vocal ad libbing. My butt could have sung that better than him.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yeah 'that bit' (the second verse I think) sounds a bit pants!! I really meant the first verse where he sings it normaly..
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I would have told ALL the guest stars to stay at home and would have had Roger and The Bleeding Heart Band perform the entire album with Paul Carrack (since he has been a member from time to time) singing Gilmour's parts.

I would have staged it exactly as the original shows were staged. Since this was going out by television and home video, I would have made sure that everyone who didn't get to see the original shows got to see what they had missed.

But that's just me.

Oh yeah, the show wouldn't have had ANYTHING to do with the Berlin Wall.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I didn't like the Berlin wall concert very much. Most of the guests have dated badly (hard to watch a recording of Bryan Adams now isn't it?) and a few songs are totally murdered.

Whatever convinced Waters it was a good idea to let Paul Carrick sing Hey You or The Trial to be done with such superstars as Tim Curry rather than being done as they used to be i really don't know. It seemed the concert was to much about looking good and not enough based upon the music. The Trial was an embarassment and makes Live Aid look cool. In saying that though the wall was impressive. If only he had still been with pink floyd at the time...

Oh, Roger also thought he was a total celebrity and his movements during ABITW part 3 really show that. A 47 year old man shaking his hips looked bad enough when he smashed a guitar it just looked ridiculous. He's aged with as much grace as Mick Jagger.

Still, bits of the show were great.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing that annoyed me during his 2002 Glastonbury set was when he stopped playing bass during 'Money' and started air punching at the audience. :oops: Hmm. Suspect. Just look gruff. Oh, good Mojo interview by the way. Guy's still a genius. :)
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

Did anyone notice during the 2002 glastonbury performance that roger had a backup bassist and did anyone see the bit where he walked from the back of the stage almost out to the front during "comfortably numb".
By the scowl on rogers face i dont think he was best pleased with his back up bassist being made so viewable to the crowd. It was just an observation, anyway FAIR PLAY TO ROGER FOR STILL GETTING OUT THERE AND GIVING THE FANS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE HIM, MOST ROCK MUSICIANS HIS AGE ARE SITTING ON THEIR FAT ARSES ALLOWING THEIR MUSIC TO BE REMIXED BY CRAP DJ,S WHO COULDNT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE MUSIC!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

What songs did he play at Glastonbury? And was his set good?
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Hmm, got it on VHS somewhere (taped the whole lot).

<Looks>

Can't find it. :?

'Money'... 'Comfortably Numb'... 'Wish You Were Here'?

Deafinitely the first two. 'Money' rocked in places, but 'Numb' didn't have the Big Strings sound during the choruses. :roll:

Having first heard/seen 'Numb' on the P.u.l.s.e video a few years back, I always want big strings. Love 'em.

Studio version's be'er, though.

I'm digressing. :arrow:
RegV8
Blade
Blade

Post by RegV8 »

The Berlin Show was totaly awful, with the exception of Nobody Home and Bring The Boys Back Home. And Rick Difonzo was a very bad choice for a main guitarrist. It's very unlikely that Roger performs The Wall again, but if he'll do it, i hope that he could be in better company.