Best Pink Floyd vocal performance

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

My Favourite Roger vocal is "The Final Cut"(the song).It is brilliant especially the last few lines "I held the blade in trembling hands,prepared
to make it .....but ,just then the phone rang,i never had the nerve to make
the final cut.
My favouite Dave Vocal is "childhoods end" great lyrics and a very good vocal, "childhoods end ,your fantasies merge with harsh realties"
As for the DAVE VS ROGER argument,i think it is a very stupid debate because anyone should be able to see,on their own they are merely good but together they were Great. :shock: :D :mrgreen:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

FeelingVeryPink wrote:Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is a work of understated genius. "I like marmelade". You can tell that it's straight from the heart.

And all along I thought that I was the only one that could see that. "Toast....sausage....."
bmet
Knife
Knife

Best Vocal Performance

Post by bmet »

David Gilmour - The Track :Wish You Were Here
-He sings with such feeling on that track!
( Including the "throat clearing" at the very beginning! Ha!)
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

roger on hey you
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Don't tell me there's no hope at ALL!
The guy had t'rific range.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

grateful pink wrote:
FeelingVeryPink wrote:Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is a work of understated genius. "I like marmelade". You can tell that it's straight from the heart.

And all along I thought that I was the only one that could see that. "Toast....sausage....."
Uh... you realise I was joking, yeah?

Enjoyable track, but I don't want anyone thinking that I'm deeply moved by it. :wink:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i dont like APB for the most part, the chewing is kinda gross, but i enjoy ricks piano work at the end
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Da best?

Post by Stiggs »

I'd say it's a 3 way tie between Dave on Cymbaline (I love that song), Roger on 4:33 AM (Running Shoes) from PACOHH, or Roger on Run Like Hell. As much as I love Dave's job for Comfortably Numb and Wish You Were Here, for some reason Cymbaline sticks out more for me. I suppose because it's earlier on in the Pink Floyd career and they belt out a song of that quality.
I like Roger's job of Run Like Hell because I don't think anyone ever did as good a job as that time. He and Dave did okay on Is There Anybody Out There, and the version from P.U.L.S.E. was eh....I thought the other singer (refresh my memory of who it was, someone, please) had a rather grungy voice...I didn't really care for his performance of Roger's lines.

Special recognition to David for Goodbye Blue Sky as well.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Da best?

Stiggs wrote:Special recognition to David for Goodbye Blue Sky as well.
I'll second that.

Bassist Guy Pratt was the singer, by the way. I think his singing on the p.u.l.s.e version of 'Hey You' isn't bad at all...
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I think Guy Prat is an awful singer.

Spelling edited by admin
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Yup

Post by Stiggs »

Hey You from P.U.L.S.E. was rather good. I like live performances of songs usually more than studio albums, tho some times I feel that on albums some songs are so perfect that even live performances can't compare. The Wall's Hey You, Don't Leave Me Now, and In The Flesh were better than the versions on P.U.L.S.E. just because they seem a little more well performed, timed right I suppose. Every time I hear a live version of In The Flesh (?) the studio album seems better than the live albums. I suppose the live versions seem a little rushed, they have a slightly faster pace than the studio versions. It seems a little sloppy to me, but whatever.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I edited this once. Please do not write it a third time. - Admin
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Yup

Post by decampos »

Stiggs wrote:Hey You from P.U.L.S.E. was rather good...
I think 'Hey You' from P.U.L.S.E. is dog-dirt. Anyone who hasn't heard it should listen to it. Roger's vocal part at the end has been unbelievably murdered.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

It was better than hey You at the Berlin concert

"Are there any queers in the theartre tonight" Roger can't sing that bit anymore, for some reason it's always just yelled, as with bob Geldof in the film.

Stupid question, but in the film was it Bob's voice for ITF or was he miming a strange tape of Roger's voice. He certainly looked like he was miming, but miming wjo's voice?
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

David Smith wrote:It was better than hey You at the Berlin concert
yeah, only just. it's still bloody bad though. The whole P.U.L.S.E album sounds like it was recorded underwater. What does everyone else think of that?

Yes, that's Bob's horrible voice in the film.