Musician exchange!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Musician exchange!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

If you'd like to contribute to the CD but need a bass player, vocalist or a musician of any kind or alternatively, if you are a bass player, vocalist or musician of any kind and are searching for other musicians to work with on the project then please feel free to post in this thread...

a)who you are
b)what you play / what you need someone to play
c)what song you want to work on
d)how you would like to be contacted.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Wed May 04, 2005 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Hello there, I need a drummer in the UK to work on Atom heart Mother, I have completed all the instruments myself apart from drums, if you want any ROIOs to sweeten the deal, give me a shout! Please PM me, or email me.
jmr
Axe
Axe

Post by jmr »

Hey everyone,
I'm offering my services to anyone who needs sequenced instruments. I have some experience working with Soundfonts and VST instruments. I have a collection of various samples, including Piano, Strings, Drums/percussion, Synths, etc.
So, if someone uses MIDI or FL Studio to sequence their instruments, I can either provide the samples/soundfonts, or you can send me the MID or FLP file, and I can work my magic!

Email me at: [email protected], send a PM, or we can get in contact via MSN or AIM.

EDIT: As an example of my work, here's a sequenced Piano/String Arrangement demo of WYWH, featuring a friend of mine, John Nick Jeddore (aka Skillful Dreamer) on vocals. Note that the vox don't exactly line up properly yet, as I was working with a pre-recorded vocal track.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/jeffswallpap ... s/WYWH.htm
I am also working on a version of On The Run...
EDIT: I sent my On The Run demo to a friend... the first thing he noticed was the absence of footsteps and laughter... so, if anyone has any (decent/appropriate) samples, please, hook me up!
[Jon]
Knife
Knife

Post by [Jon] »

I'm Jon Horne and I be happy to mix and edit w/e music anyone needs. I can also supply any keyboards or guitar. For more info u can email me here:

[email protected]
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Hi, I'm from Ayrshire in Scotland ( :( ) I'll be more than happy to help anyone in need and I'm keyboard/piano player to work on any song at all. I have a very good synth - Roland Fantom-S - and digital piano - Yamaha P-120S - if this means anything to you. I also have pro-tools LE.

Please ask any questions by emailing me or you can PM me :)

Andy
Last edited by thrill-seeker on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcalldp
Embryo
Embryo

www.mcallister-productions.com

Post by mcalldp »

Donpaul McAllister
I play guitar, Write Lyrics, sing a bit and can program things (ie Fruityloops etc..) I am willing to work on covers or floyd influenced originals with anyone.
You can hear me here:

http://www.mcallister-productions.com

If you want to work on something just drop me an e-mail
[email protected]

Thanks!
enemywithin4
Embryo
Embryo

Drum skills available

Post by enemywithin4 »

My name is Ross. I'm a drummer in north Georgia. If anyone in any of the surrounding states wants/needs a drummer for any song on this project, I'm good for this project. I have a deep respect and understanding of Pink Floyd's music and I'm very versatile in most styles of music. Please post when my abilities are needed.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Hows the musician exchange working out for everyone? do we have any collaborations on the go? remember you can always collaborate online, I myself was involved in a collaboration on the first volume which involved people working together in different hemispheres so please dont feel you need to travel to any given destination to be able to work with someone, you can work together online and if anyone isnt aware of it already http://www.yousendit.com is very useful for sending large files that you are working on to each other and is free and easy to use, haha, Im sounding like an advert :D
SLIPPERY SID
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Musician exchange!

Post by SLIPPERY SID »

I LIVE IN ROMFORD AND HAVE A SMALL HOME RECORDING STUDIO IF ANYONE NEEDS THE USE OF IT TO RECORD A COVER VERSION OR A VOICE OVER FOR THE DVD SEND A EMAIL TO BOTH - [email protected]
and
[email protected]
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

I need a vocalist for a fuzzy, heavy version of Vera. I'll make all the music (guitar and drums, maybe keyboards), I just need someone who'd be willing sing in a Smashing Pumpkins/Sonic Youthesque cover. Anyone interested PM me so we can work this out. I'll be leaving on Dec 20th for a vacation so I'd like to finish this cover before that time.
graham the sax
Embryo
Embryo

Post by graham the sax »

Hi there I am from Scotland and a very acomplished tenor sax player, who has been playing in bands for 20+ years, recently played with a Floyd tribute band for 5 years and who will remain nameless, I am willing to offer my services to any Floyd cover band out there. Contact me on

[email protected]
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I myself was involved in a collaboration on the first volume which involved people working together in different hemispheres
Don't forget Lucifer Sam, Stu!

Top thread matey!!

I've had a quiet word with Stevie G outta Darkside and after some careful string pulling I managed to get him to agree to let me work with other people on the side.

If anyone would like a spot of bass on a track or would like to start work on any other solo material I'd be happy to help. It'd be a pleasure to contribute to anything Floyd related or indeed any other tracks you'd care to throw my way. Please see here for more info.

I currently use a bastardised incarnation of Cubase SX and record everything direct into a PC so I like to work with wav. or aiff. files.

Your friendly neighbourhood bassman - BigDim