Animals/Clockwork Orange is there a link?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Animals/Clockwork Orange is there a link?

Post by MoreOrLess »

Ok we know about the suposed links between Darkside and the wizard of oz and Echoes and the final scene of 2001 but what about the animals album and a Clockwork orange? A friend of mine first pointed out a possable link to me many years ago, im not sure whether he found a direct soundtrack overlap like the 2 previous links but you have to admit musically and lyrically there are simularities. Im still not 100% sure theres any link myself but I do know that Kubrick asked to use the title track form atom heart mother on the soudntrack to the film but was refused. The issues brought up by the film would seem to be the sort of thing that would interest Roger as well.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

No.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Anyone vaguely interested in the Dark Side/Wizard of Oz thing could look here...

http://www.geocities.com/avroom2002/dar ... ainbow.htm

:roll:
UntilWeSleep
Axe
Axe

Post by UntilWeSleep »

Stanley Kubrick wanted to use the music from Atom Heart Mother for A ClockWork Orange but Roger Rejected him.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

I'm glad Atom Heart Mother wasnt in A Clockwork Orange, the Beethoven fits perfectly with Alex's character and goes well with the movie, which is one of the most disturbing ive ever seen