the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
pinknewbie
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pinknewbie »

Another simpsons episoide is where homer joins the hulabalooza festifal in the freak show.

Jomer joins because the inflatable pig gets shot into his guts and the guy says something like, "I cant beleive it, Roger Waters is going to be pissed!"
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

pinknewbie wrote:Another simpsons episoide is where homer joins the hulabalooza festifal in the freak show.

Jomer joins because the inflatable pig gets shot into his guts and the guy says something like, "I cant beleive it, Roger Waters is going to be pissed!"
no he says "i got that at pink floyd's yard sale!"
there another simpsons episode where marge says"hello (hello echoes), is there anybody in there?" just like in CN
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Ahhh, I completely forgot to mention the X-Files episode ''Lord of the Flies'', the main kid that theyre dealing with that week is obsessed with Syd, theres tons of Floyd / Syd references and even a tune or 2.
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

Clockwork Orange
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

Jangus wrote:Clockwork Orange
oh yeah atom heart mother. on futurama, fry is on the moon and the moon shadow is closing up on him, he says (obviously):"wow, the darkside of the moon!"
pinknewbie
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pinknewbie »

In the song kryptonite by three doors down there are these lyrics in the first verse

"But I watched the world float
To the dark side of the moon"
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

saucerfulofmeddle wrote:on futurama, fry is on the moon and the moon shadow is closing up on him, he says (obviously):"wow, the darkside of the moon!"
And if you listen real carefully the first guitar part for Breathe plays when he says it, though it's only for a split second
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

In the movie Dazed and Confused there is a massic DSOTM poster in one of the characters rooms.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

saucerfulofmeddle wrote: ... he says "i got that at pink floyd's yard sale!"

isnt that Peter Frampton doing that "Do Ya Feel Alright" song
which showcases a talk-box guitar passage, similar to what Dave does with his oinking guitar solo in Pigs (also Keep Talking)
Frampton repeatedly stomps on a pedal labelled "pig balloon" or something
and when the pedal doesnt work gets all flustered cuz the song is completely blown by the lack of a functioning prop

at least as I remember that Homerpalooza episode

J Ed
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

There was one Simpsons (probably that same one) with an outdoor orchestra playing with what looked like PF's 1994 stage, and it aired shortly after that tour. Homer didn't want to be there, then some lasers started shooting and Marge said "They have lasers...you like lasers!". (I think it was part of the endless debates then about rock bands supposedly focusing on lighting rather than music.)

Also in Footloose they have the Dark Side prism in the window of the truck.
Last edited by Freddie Mercury on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

not quite a Floyd ref, but close enough:

on one of the new SCTV Network 90 DVDs (highly recommended!)
redneck film reviewers Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok
discuss how boring European movies are
cept for that one Zabriskie Point, by that Antonioni feller,
cuz at the end everything blowed up real good!

then Big Jim goes on to say that ironically,
he was disappointed when he saw Antonioni's first film, BlowUp,
cuz nuthin at all blowed up in that one

J Ed

(who seems to have this movie on his mind today)
carefulwiththataxe_eugene
Axe
Axe

Post by carefulwiththataxe_eugene »

Freddie Mercury wrote:There was one Simpsons (probably that same one) with an outdoor orchestra playing with what looked like PF's 1994 stage, and it aired shortly after that tour. Homer didn't want to be there, then some lasers started shooting and Marge said "They have lasers...you like lasers!".

Also in Footloose they have the Dark Side prism in the window of the truck.
Yeah I forgot the Footloose thing...thanks for reminding me.
tcoursen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tcoursen »

I rented the DVD for "Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow".

There is a deleted scene in the bonus features named "conveyor belt".

It totally rips off and uses the sound effects from the beginning of "Welcome To The Machine"

Since it is a bonus feature and a scene that was never completed I am thinking that the director just used those sounds as somthing quick just to get a feel for the scene.
floydbabe
Blade
Blade

Post by floydbabe »

Oh how could I forget That 70's show!! Hyde wears Pink Floyd shirts all the time, and I remember Eric and Donna having a huge fight because Eric wanted to go to some "Laser Floyd" show and she wouldn't let him.. There's been tons of Floyd references in that show. I absolutely love it!
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

If I remember correctly... someone on this fourm once said that in the movie "The banger sisters" (or something like that) theyre going through pictures of all the musicians that theyve "banged" and they stop at roger waters and she goes "Nah not him" or something to that effect.