the movies or tv shows that pf was mentioned in.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

Just caught "The Likely Lads" on UK Gold this evening, turned over just as Bob mentions Pink Floyd to Terry ....
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

There was a brief mention in Bottom Live 3: Hooligans Island.

The solo from Time was played on Top Gear during a feature about a 50 year old car. As it was also the 50th anniversary of the Fender Stratocaster, the soundtrack comprised classic songs played on Strats. The Time solo closed the feature.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

On the Heathers DVD theres an extra called ''Swatch Dogs and Diet Coke Heads'' which uses the Floydian font (yep, exactly the same one thats available for download all over the net) for the title caption, and the captions for the names of the people talking. I think there may be a reference in the movie too, cant remember off hand, havent seen it in a long while.
[Jon]
Knife
Knife

Post by [Jon] »

The other day, I was watching 'Distraction' on comedy central, (it's some weird game show...) there was a question about Pink Floyd.

"What was the band that sung 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'The Wall'?"

the guy got it right

I think that was too easy of a question...

-------------------------------------------

btw, the forum looks awsome! it's been a while... Great job! :D
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I was watching the news tonight and they were showing soccer and the fans were singing You'll never walk alone. Of course made me think of fearless (i know they Floyd took it from the soccer but hey it still counts.......just)
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Alternative 4 wrote:I was watching the news tonight and they were showing soccer and the fans were singing You'll never walk alone. Of course made me think of fearless (i know they Floyd took it from the soccer but hey it still counts.......just)
That would be the Liverpool v Juventus game. First round aggregate score 2-1 to Liverpool! Absolutely cracking game. Allez les rouges!

I've always loved the fact that the Kop anthem appears on Meddle. Nice one, lads.
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

Dazed and Confused- The lead star is named "Randal "Pink" Floyd.
Also the very first episode of the original C.S.I. mentions the DSotM and Oz sync.
Brian
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead. That's the movie.

The opening song at the beginning of the movie is Pink Floyd's "Seamus" (Meddle, 1971). The version included in the movie is an instrumental version. The album version has vocals. During the theatre company's performance of pseudo-Hamlet, a sound bit from Pink Floyd's "Echoes" (also from Meddle, 1971) can be heard. The sound of the rapier sword is the first note heard in "Echoes".
tarkusmw
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tarkusmw »

In The young ones. The school teacher asks if they are smoking cigarettes or Pink Floyd.

In HOUSE. Dr house is talking about a patient losing his mind and say "what was the name of the band where the singer was singing sang different songs to the rest of teh band." Later on he says "Oh yes Syd Barret"
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Ridan wrote:Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead. That's the movie. The opening song at the beginning of the movie is Pink Floyd's "Seamus" (Meddle, 1971). The version included in the movie is an instrumental version.
no effin way! you sure its not Mamselle Nobbs?
theres an alternate mix of Seamus out there,
some enterprising sort could rip from the DVD and post for us?

J Ed
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

csi referenced "dark side of oz" sync on tonites episode.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

J Ed wrote:no effin way! you sure its not Mamselle Nobbs?
theres an alternate mix of Seamus out there,
some enterprising sort could rip from the DVD and post for us?

J Ed

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100519/trivia (The Internet Movie Database)

Me'll get the song and post it for you.
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

saucerfulofmeddle wrote:and in family peter's telling some guy how darkside syncs with the wizard of oz
Actually its Neil Goldman's dad (forgot his name) claiming how he and his wife try to sync up "Hotel California" with classic movies but it never works out. Can't remember what episode its from tho.

EDIT:
On the pilot episode for "Space: Above And Beyond" they are on Mars looking at some rover that has been beaming info into space about the human race playing through some music when that "Hey hi ho let's go" song starts playing. Someone goes when people wonder who it is "I think I remember from my history class that this was done by The Pink Floyd!" :lol: :shock: :lol:

Please do not double-post
Powderfinger
Hitch Hiker
Blade
Blade

Post by Hitch Hiker »

Gem. wrote:There was a brief mention in Bottom Live 3: Hooligans Island.

The solo from Time was played on Top Gear during a feature about a 50 year old car. As it was also the 50th anniversary of the Fender Stratocaster, the soundtrack comprised classic songs played on Strats. The Time solo closed the feature.

PF tracks have been used numerous times on Top Gear, these have included echoes, time and obscured by clouds
Relic
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Relic »

Well I've a pretty good collection of Floyd related TV shows and movies on my website, check it out:

http://pinkfloyd.gr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=270