roger working on wall berlin dvd

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
NewEarthMud

roger working on wall berlin dvd

Post by NewEarthMud »

MUSIC WEEK
REPORT ROGER IS WORKING
ON WALL BERLIN '90 DVD
_____Music Week, the weekly guide to Europe's most influential music market for more than 40 years, is reporting Roger Waters is working on a new 5.1 mix of Berlin '90 Live Wall. The project is seen as being part of a forth coming reissue on DVD. Although Roger gave all royalties from the original release it is thought he wanted to make sure the DVD release, was sound wise as good as it could be. The release could be out as soon as this Summer on Universal.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

It's a shame they only release a Wall-show with only Waters and a bunch of "celebrities" that can't live up to the true floyd-sound.When will we get a real DVD from the real Wall-shows ????
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

??
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

The Wall live from Berlin was a musical disgrace.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

The Wall - Live In Berlin raised a ton of money for charity. It would not have raised as much as it did without the celebrities, who were all extremely popular when they staged the production.

I don't like the album that much mostly because of the celebrities, but I think it was a fine production if only for the large amount of money it raised.

I am going to buy a copy of it on DVD (I don't have a VHS copy).
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Ok, let me rephrase that, it's not a musical disgrace, but the music on it WAS a disgrace.

Although my favourite actor in the world, Tim Curry, got a part so that's surely a good thing :lol:
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

David Smith wrote:Ok, let me rephrase that, it's not a musical disgrace, but the music on it WAS a disgrace.

Although my favourite actor in the world, Tim Curry, got a part so that's surely a good thing :lol:
I thought there were lots of musical highlights* (and lowlights)
I think 'mother' was excellent. And despite not liking him very much, Bryan Adams was good on 'young lust' - remember, that song was supposed to be a generic RAAAWK song, Bryan was perfect for it. 'What shall we do now?' was good. 'Don't leave me now' and 'One of my turns' were pretty good and I thought 'Nobody Home' was the best rendition I'd heard. I think that's probably it.

* It's the album and video that was released I'm talking about - some of the songs were re-done after the show
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

I personally love getting stoned and watching that video and laughing my ass off at how stupid it is.

I never listen to the record, however, I will say that the tunes where Roger sings only... stand out. It's the best version of Nobody Home with the guitar solo that I've ever heard.

The video is rather terrible.. but it's got some cool parts too.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:The Wall - Live In Berlin raised a ton of money for charity. It would not have raised as much as it did without the celebrities, who were all extremely popular when they staged the production.

I don't like the album that much mostly because of the celebrities, but I think it was a fine production if only for the large amount of money it raised.

I am going to buy a copy of it on DVD (I don't have a VHS copy).
How much did it raise ??? Even in a "pro"-waters encyclopedia were Pink Floyd is reviewed , they stated that it raised almost nothing.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Spinoza wrote: How much did it raise ??? Even in a "pro"-waters encyclopedia were Pink Floyd is reviewed , they stated that it raised almost nothing.
It cost an estimated 10 million dollars to stage. Tickets were 20 dollars each. 180,000 tickets were sold before organizers removed the security fences and let people in for free. Millions of individuals tuned in via satellite. In addition to raising money for charity, the show brought people together. Listen to The Tide Is Turning at the end of it and keep this in mind.

It's not certain exactly how much it raised.

When you buy the Album or VHS (And later DVD), you are putting money towards The Memorial Fund For Disaster
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Real Pink in the Inside wrote: It's not certain exactly how much it raised.
According to the late Timothy White, "The spectacular show and live album raised $10 million for the care of international victims of disasters, with the concert's companion home video continuing to gather funds through sales of a half-million pieces in the U.S. alone."

Source: Billboard Magazine (July, 1992)