The most users

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

The most users

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Most users ever online was 20 on Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:50 am

Y'know, that's quite a few users. We ought to all go online at an arranged time... That would be... pretty... stupid... ? :?
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Re: The most users

Post by grateful pink »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:Most users ever online was 20 on Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:50 am

Y'know, that's quite a few users. We ought to all go online at an arranged time... That would be... pretty... stupid... ? :?
Youd have to get the people in different time zone together--that would be cool! :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Need to try and get about 40 or more even if all of them wasn't posting anything.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

grateful pink wrote:Youd have to get the people in different time zone together--that would be cool! :lol:
Doh! :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yeah, that is quite an achievement!! I am happy people are posting here!! Give it a few months and we should hit 30!! :-) It would be nice if it was a little busier hough. Saying that, it would be hard to keep up with everuthing going on. :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

The problem is... I don't want to use the word protagonists, but only a few people actually post a lot. Look at the London thread for example, 373 people at time of writing have looked at it, but all the replies have come from about 12 people. And also the amount who join for a day and never come back gets to me to.

Actually i was once a member of the Q 4 music forum, this featured a system where posters give other posters a star rating out of 5 based upon how relevent the things they say are, how frequently they visit and how ofteh they stick to the rules. That system was good for encouraging people to obey the rules and post a lot, could that work here, or is there just to many arguments here as it is.

Actually, it would probably offend people to. But it's just an example, i feel we do have to somehow encourage others to post a lot.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I tyried to use a competition to get people to post but they do not seem interested. Their loss!! Perhaps they just like reading?
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

You could do what hotmail do, if they don't log on once in every 2 weeks (unless they're on holiday or something) then they get the boot.

Although it looks like an impressive amount we have there's loads of people like Mike The Sweed who come on like oncer every 3 months or something.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

I'm confused. Recently I've been thinking that I post too much (average content= :lol: ) but apparently that's a good thing... Ak! Still, I will try and validate my presence a bit more...

:lol:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

There's never anything wrong with a lot of posting, it's what we join a forum for innit?

Post loads and make your presensense known, that's what it's about people.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

David

694 and counting. Thats an impressive post count. And I was dead chuffed as I just broke the 100 mark.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Oh - drafsack, you live in Bristol! Only just realised. I live in Weston-super-Mare, aboot 20 miles away. Yep, that's right, home of John Cleese! And many many old people... :roll:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

drafsack,post all you want thats the purpose I believe.I think I've posted a little over 100 but the number isn't what matters,it's the discussion.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

kjnpf wrote:I tyried to use a competition to get people to post but they do not seem interested. Their loss!! Perhaps they just like reading?
I like competitions like that--especially if I win. I also love to post. Why don't we bring back those competiotions anyway?? sounds like fun. I have posted alot and have only been here a month. I hope my posts aren't too dull or not on point!
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:
grateful pink wrote:Youd have to get the people in different time zone together--that would be cool! :lol:
Doh! :roll:
By the way--I really meant that. I was not making fun of your statement at all.