The most users

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
pfco

Post by pfco »

Being the admin of a popular message forum, such as this one, is never easy. Anything good has to be worked for and taken care of. Being a responsible admin is also never a popularity contest when the good of all must come before the good of just one or two. The job is not what the majority of board users think it is many times, it has its good days and its bad, but always it is one that any conscientious admin has to deal with daily in making decisions that strives to provide a comfortable and fair environment for all its members. I commend Keith in his efforts to keep his forum in the upper echelons of Pink Floyd forums.

Sandy
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

funny how when RPITI is banned, everyone reacts, but when Bong got banned, not a word was said.....
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I warned him at least 50 times. I think the decision to ben him was a good one.
You didn't have to ben him as well!!!
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Tommy wrote:funny how when RPITI is banned, everyone reacts, but when Bong got banned, not a word was said.....
I didn't relise he was banned, now you mention it, I haven't seen that photograph of mr T in a while. What did he do?
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Ditto, I didn't know. Wot's...uh the deal?
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Keith, have you ever thought about when you ban somebody doing it in steps.You know some people don't think that it matters they won't miss the forum,we know thier wrong.How about when baning starting it out at say 1week just so they get a taste,that might be what it takes to teach them a lesson but save them from being baned for good.Remember the old saying"You don't know what you got till it is gone".Think about it if you would,it could actually help the forum in the long run.Nobody could say that they didn't really have an idea what was at stake with a 1 week warning ban before your gone for good.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Bong broke the rules more than anyone else (including most high) by filling his posts with heroin references, slagging off Dave and Roger to a huge extent and saying all sorts of crude things that may offende people not necessarly related to Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:Bong broke the rules more than anyone else (including most high) by filling his posts with heroin references, slagging off Dave and Roger to a huge extent and saying all sorts of crude things that may offende people not necessarly related to Pink Floyd.
His final post was phenomonal if anybody saw it? Vile filth wrote to get himself banned. I will consider the one week rule as proposed by flashback.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

kjnpf wrote:
His final post was phenomonal if anybody saw it? Vile filth wrote to get himself banned. I will consider the one week rule as proposed by flashback.
It sounds great, how could I have missed it! :lol:

I think that the one week ban is a great idea. That gives the person a chance to see what it is like and think again if they wish to continue in their ways.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

arg, i missed it too, now i realllly want to know what it was......
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I must say that his 'Timothy Leary' (yeah right!) photo with the caption, 'You're A' - erm - 'Homeboy' was rather funny... :lol: :oops: :roll:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:I must say that his 'Timothy Leary' (yeah right!) photo with the caption, 'You're A' - erm - 'Homeboy' was rather funny... :lol: :oops: :roll:
I'd pay good money to see that!

And to see the last post....I take it there's no way to see it now?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:
Feeling Very Pink wrote:I must say that his 'Timothy Leary' (yeah right!) photo with the caption, 'You're A' - erm - 'Homeboy' was rather funny... :lol: :oops: :roll:
I'd pay good money to see that!

And to see the last post....I take it there's no way to see it now?
Unfortunately, that post was deleted but was a classic!! :lol: Broke all the rules and got himself banned, but a good way to go out!! :lol: