DGinQ!

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

DGinQ!

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I LOVE DAVID GILMOUR! DAVE--ERR, I MEAN DAVID IS THE BEST!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

a phone-call from one of his people warns Q on no account to address him as “Dave”
Why would someone be so uptight about such a silly thing?
Is the little red light still flashing on the CD case of your copy of Pulse?

Graham Davidson, East Finchley

(Briskly) No.
Graham Davidson wins the award for Worst Question!
Pink Floyd is a benign dictatorship run by David Gilmour. Discuss.

Mike Watson, Queensland, Australia

Well, in this day and age, through the… (incredibly long pause) That’s true enough. And due to causes beyond my control, that’s what I have inherited. It doesn’t always work a hundred per cent that way. It sort of came to me when there was… It was gifted to me, if you like. Bequeathed to me. Through circumstances.
Very interesting. I suppose this is an example of David Gilmour bashing himself? :lol:
If you could say one thing to Roger Waters, what would it be?

Blake Hamilton, Winston Salem

(Long peace) Good luck with your new record.
Can you say "businessman"? Oh well...
How old were you when you lost your virginity?

Tim Lee, Chiswick

Funnily enough, someone asked my wife the same question the other day in an interview. And I said I’d never been asked that question. And precisely two days later, I get asked it. (Considers the question) Pass.
Why does ANYBODY care about when David Gilmour lost his virginity? You know, I've been saying for a long, long time that some people, whether they care to admit it or not, like David Gilmour because they find his voice "sexy." I mean, look at the above question!
Did someone actually ask you, “Buy (sic) the way, which one’s Pink?”

Stuart Sloan, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland

Back in the mists of time. But I think it did happen, I think in America, in the early days—about 1968 or something like that. (Looking at the question) Stuart Sloan can’t even spell properly. B—Y. That’s how you spell “by”. (Repeats the question in an Irish accent) Bloody Paddies.
Hmm...
Is Stéphane Grappelli on Wish You Were Here?

Frank Judge, Tonypandy

Stéphane Grappelli was working at Abbey Road when we were making Wish You Were Here. He did come in and play on something, but he didn’t make the mix in the end. It was terrific fun. Avoiding his wandering hands. Was he gay? I don’t think many people would argue about that.
He makes fun of an Irish bloke for misspelling BY, and then he makes some rather homophobic comments? What gives?
Is it true you sued Cliff Jones, the singer in Gay Dad, when he wrote a book about Pink Floyd a couple of years ago?

Jason Pooley, Bournemotuh

Yes. He wrote a book—I’ve got it here actually (gets up to look for it)—which purports to be the meaning behind every Pink Floyd song. (Rummages on shelves) Must have put it somewhere. (Sits down again) And while having nothing personal against Cliff—gay or not—it was laughable. In the book, it purported to say the musicians and what instruments they played. Now in the earlier years, when it was usually me, Rick, Nick and Roger, they were slightly more accurate, although there were still hundreds of errors even then. And on later stuff. on The Wall, the musician thing is incorrect on every single track. And the meanings behind most of the songs are completely wrong. I asked the publishers if they would withdraw it and I would help them correct it but they refused. And so I sued them. It’s such a lot of old toffee, really. What did I think of the Gay Dad single? I only heard it once. I can’t even remember it now. It was um, memorable.
David Gilmour is the authoritative voice on what the meanings behind the songs are...After all, he was the MAIN lyricist! :lol:

Funny how nobody else in Floyd sued this individual...
Are you the gloomiest man in rock?

Jon Kade, Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan

Are we sure he’s thinking about the right person? Is this person confused? I’m the jolly one. I’m the jolly, happy one.
Yep. That's it.
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

I don't like how he "HAS" to be called David. That's very arrogant.

I thought it was nice to read about how he's sent Syd cards and things over the years... that's very nice of him actually. I've always thought that all the guys in Floyd, obviously, feel very passionate about Syd.. Dave maybe saddened the most by what happened since he replaced Syd.

I find it interesting that while Dave is doing normal and quite boring things on a daily basis, Roger is working on opera's and touring and his new record. Seems Roger still has that drive that Dave lost long ago.

Very cool that he digs Radiohead... I would've asked him what he listens to on a daily basis. Or what records he is currently really into, possibly what books he's reading.. if any.

The questions could have been better. Questions about him losing his virginity are clearly from a troubled person. And also proves something I've always said that most of your female floyd fans only like Dave because they are attracted to the way he looked early on and also attracted to his voice. Which is clearly absurd.. ****************** **************** ****************** ****************** ******************
Anyway.. good read, thanks for posting.

POST EDITED BY ADMIN - Defamatory comments about indivuduals on this board or others are forbidden. Strongly forbidden.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

NewEarthMud wrote:I don't like how he "HAS" to be called David. That's very arrogant.

I find it interesting that while Dave is doing normal and quite boring things on a daily basis, Roger is working on opera's and touring and his new record. Seems Roger still has that drive that Dave lost long ago.
Strange thing indeed. Why are some people driven, carreer-oriented, and others not. Why do some people feel the need to make and finish things, and others can't get really started. Why do some people live day to day, and others can make long-time plans to work on.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Who did you hate most out of Genesis, E.L.P., Yes or King Crimson?

Colin Tripp, Stevenage

Probably Yes, E.L.P., Genesis and King Crimson in that order. (Mutters) Oh God, what am I saying? (Back to normal) Funnily enough, I don’t really like pop groups very much.

I like Gilmours solo stuff but I consider that pop so I am lost. :?
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

NEM said:
I've always said that most of your female floyd fans only like Dave because they are attracted to the way he looked early on and also attracted to his voice. Which is clearly absurd..********* ************ *********** ***********
I guess I'm one of those uncharacteristic female Floyd fans. Although Dave (oops! David) was undeniably attractive (physically) when he was young, his voice sometimes grates on me, especially in live recordings circa 1972-77. It's too harsh or strong. I prefer Roger's voice--it's much more human or warmer, even if he is off key a bit sometimes.

That virginity question...how lame. Who are those people who asked those questions? They're asking this of a 50-somethng man. How rude. Maybe it got mixed up with the N-Stynk questions.

Hmm..."the flipping incident" (where he flips off a fan wearing a RW t-shirt): Who was trained not to flip off the fan?
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Mother wrote:Who was trained not to flip off the fan?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

hahahaha the Mother has great wit. :lol: Just as a side point, do you think they will drop the bomb? :)
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Oh, they usually do, don't they...

By the way, I suppose everyone here knows that 'Mother' (amongst many, many others) was banned from being played on the radio after the 11.09.01 attacks? I've got a whole list, actually. Shall I post it? :roll:

Actually, I guess it's kind of understandable. :cry:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Feeling Very Pink wrote: Actually, I guess it's kind of understandable. :cry:
Feelings are a funny thing but perhaps it is possible to go too far being all PC and everything. It is such a trivial thing considering all the people from all over the world that died in that building and as a result of that cowardly attack. :cry:
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:Oh, they usually do, don't they...

By the way, I suppose everyone here knows that 'Mother' (amongst many, many others) was banned from being played on the radio after the 11.09.01 attacks? I've got a whole list, actually. Shall I post it? :roll:

Actually, I guess it's kind of understandable. :cry:
Yeah post the list that way I can tell you which songs I've heard on U.S. radio stations since then. Banning a song for that reason is a load of shit.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

It's long!

America the blinded?
This week, in the wake of September 11th's terrorist attacks, radio and entertainment giant, Clear Channel Communications, took it upon itself to issue a list of a hundred-ish songs that it has deemed inappropriate for play on the radio stations it owns. My quarrel with that? Well, Clear Channel Communications controls over half of the United States' commercial stations; which means that this list will probably impact what Americans are hearing on the radio, no matter what part of the country they live in or what kind of music they listen to. You are now much, much less likely to hear anything on the radio to remind you of the recent tragedies, or of the grim possibilities that lie ahead of America. I see this as a great thing to do, especially if you have been deeply affected, you may very well appreciate Clear Channel's actions; which will make radio a better place to turn for escape and comfort-things we can all probably use these days. A quick survey of the list shows that it skews heavily towards classic rock and folk-rock, with a good bit of contemporary metal, alternative, and industrial music genres. The common thread is that all the songs either deal with death, have the words "bomb", "fire", or "airplane" in the title, or have as little as one lyric that uses violent imagery. Yet I think that some of the songs on the list are ridiculous, and most anyone can certainly take issue with some of Clear Channel's picks for removal. For example, Louis Armstrongs' "What a Wonderful World" is possibly the oddest selection to be removed from radio. I may be forgetting an obscure lyric, but it's hard to imagine how one of the most beautiful, comforting songs ever recorded can be less than a vital source of strength at a time like this. The same goes for Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York," which should stand as no less stirring a tribute as we see the city's most profound display of resilience and brotherhood ever. Some songs seem to have been selected simply because they are dark or threatening in a nonspecific way, like Metallica's "Fade to Black", Nine Inch Nails' "Head Like a Hole". The removal of John Lennon's "Imagine" (what, we aren’t supposed to imagine anymore?) and ALL songs by Rage Against the Machine can only serve to feed the unquestioning xenophobia, while reducing the chance that anyone might wonder why this horrible thing happened. But you quickly realize that there is something else amiss. In addition to its domination of radio, the conglomerate also owns more than 100 concert venues, various radio trade magazines and research companies, and, most significantly, regional news networks and syndicated programming. Its control over the music industry is profound and many artist found out the hard way as their current hit singles have just been dropped from hundreds of radio stations. Not all of their uses of this influence have been as justifiable as the current playlist screening shows. They have been hit with anti-trust suits accusing them of using their radio clout to gain desirable outcomes in concert related negotiations, including steering bands away from non-Clear Channel venues by threatening to remove them from Clear Channel playlists. They have also homogenized station playlists nationwide and established a semi-legal system in which record labels pay for almost every song played on Clear Channel stations. These are only a few of the charges of breaches of trust on a rap sheet as long as my arm. If you've ever wondered why radio sucks in your town, go ask Clear Channel.
Below is the complete list of songs that were “recommended for removal”.
Drowning Pool "Bodies"
Mudvayne "Death Blooms"
Megadeth "Dread and the Fugitive"
Megadeth "Sweating Bullets"
Saliva "Click Click Boom"
P.O.D. "Boom"
Metallica "Seek and Destroy"
Metallica "Harvester or Sorrow"
Metallica "Enter Sandman"
Metallica "Fade to Black"
All Rage Against The Machine songs
Nine Inch Nails "Head Like a Hole"
Godsmack "Bad Religion"
Tool "Intolerance"
Soundgarden "Blow Up the Outside World"
AC/DC "Shot Down in Flames"
AC/DC "Shoot to Thrill"
AC/DC "Dirty Deeds"
AC/DC "Highway to Hell"
AC/DC "Safe in New York City"
AC/DC "TNT"
AC/DC "Hell's Bells"
Black Sabbath "War Pigs"
Black Sabbath "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"
Black Sabbath "Suicide Solution"
Dio "Holy Diver"
Steve Miller "Jet Airliner"
Van Halen "Jump"
Queen "Another One Bites the Dust"
Queen "Killer Queen"
Pat Benatar "Hit Me with Your Best Shot"
Pat Benatar "Love is a Battlefield"
Oingo Boingo "Dead Man's Party"
REM "It's the End of the World as We Know It"
Talking Heads "Burning Down the House"
Judas Priest "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll"
Pink Floyd "Run Like Hell"
Pink Floyd "Mother"
Savage Garden "Crash and Burn"
Dave Matthews Band "Crash Into Me"
Bangles "Walk Like an Egyptian"
Pretenders "My City Was Gone"
Alanis Morissette "Ironic"
Barenaked Ladies "Falling for the First Time"
Fuel "Bad Day"
John Parr "St. Elmo's Fire"
Peter Gabriel "When You're Falling"
Kansas "Dust in the Wind"
Led Zeppelin "Stairway to Heaven"
The Beatles "A Day in the Life"
The Beatles "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"
The Beatles "Ticket To Ride"
The Beatles "Obla Di, Obla Da"
Bob Dylan/Guns N Roses "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
Arthur Brown "Fire"
Blue Oyster Cult "Burnin' For You"
Paul McCartney and Wings "Live and Let Die"
Jimmy Hendrix "Hey Joe"
Jackson Brown "Doctor My Eyes"
John Mellencamp "Crumbling Down"
John Mellencamp "I'm On Fire"
U2 "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
Boston "Smokin"
Billy Joel "Only the Good Die Young"
Barry McGuire "Eve of Destruction"
Steam "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey"
Drifters "On Broadway"
Shelly Fabares "Johnny Angel"
Los Bravos "Black is Black"
Peter and Gordon "I Go To Pieces"
Peter and Gordon "A World Without Love"
Elvis "(You're the) Devil in Disguise"
Zombies "She's Not There"
Elton John "Benny & The Jets"
Elton John "Daniel"
Elton John "Rocket Man"
Jerry Lee Lewis "Great Balls of Fire"
Santana "Evil Ways"
Louis Armstrong "What A Wonderful World"
Youngbloods "Get Together"
Ad Libs "The Boy from New York City"
Peter Paul and Mary "Blowin' in the Wind"
Peter Paul and Mary "Leavin' on a Jet Plane"
Rolling Stones "Ruby Tuesday"
Simon And Garfunkel "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
Happenings "See You in Septemeber"
Carole King "I Feel the Earth Move"
Yager and Evans "In the Year 2525"
Norman Greenbaum "Spirit in the Sky"
Brooklyn Bridge "Worst That Could Happen"
Three Degrees "When Will I See You Again"
Cat Stevens "Peace Train"
Cat Stevens "Morning Has Broken"
Jan and Dean "Dead Man's Curve"
Martha & the Vandellas "Nowhere to Run"
Martha and the Vandellas/Van Halen "Dancing in the Streets"
Hollies "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"
San Cooke Herman Hermits, "Wonder World"
Petula Clark "A Sign of the Times"
Don McLean "American Pie"
J. Frank Wilson "Last Kiss"
Buddy Holly and the Crickets "That'll Be the Day"
John Lennon "Imagine"
Bobby Darin "Mack the Knife"
The Clash "Rock the Casbah"
Surfaris "Wipeout"
Blood Sweat and Tears "And When I Die"
Dave Clark Five "Bits and Pieces"
Tramps "Disco Inferno"
Paper Lace "The Night Chicago Died"
Frank Sinatra "New York, New York"
Creedence Clearwater Revival "Travelin' Band"
The Gap Band "You Dropped a Bomb On Me"
Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal"
3 Doors Down "Duck and Run"
The Doors "The End"
Third Eye Blind "Jumper"
Neil Diamond "America"
Lenny Kravitz "Fly Away"
Tom Petty "Free Fallin'"
Bruce Springsteen "I'm On Fire"
Bruce Springsteen "Goin' Down"
Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight"
Alice in Chains "Rooster"
Alice in Chains "Sea of Sorrow"
Alice in Chains "Down in a Hole"
Alice in Chains "Them Bone"
Beastie Boys "Sure Shot"
Beastie Boys "Sabotage"
The Cult "Fire Woman"
Everclear "Santa Monica"
Filter "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
Foo Fighters "Learn to Fly"
Korn "Falling Away From Me"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Aeroplane"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under the Bridge"
Smashing Pumpkins "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"
System of a Down "Chop Suey!"
Skeeter Davis "End of the World"
Rickey Nelson "Travelin' Man"
Chi-Lites "Have You Seen Her"
Animals "We Gotta Get Out of This Place"
Fontella Bass "Rescue Me"
Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels "Devil with the Blue Dress"
James Taylor "Fire and Rain"
Edwin Starr/Bruce Springstein "War"
Lynyrd Skynyrd "Tuesday's Gone"
Limp Bizkit "Break Stuff"
Green Day "Brain Stew"
Temple of the Dog "Say Hello to Heaven"
Sugar Ray "Fly"
Local H "Bound for the Floor"
Slipknot "Left Behind, Wait and Bleed"
Bush "Speed Kills" (force to change title)
311 "Down"
Stone Temple Pilots "Big Bang Baby," Dead and Bloated"
Soundgarden "Fell on Black Days," Black Hole Sun"
Nina "99 Luft Balloons/99 Red Balloons"
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

A step too far in my opinion. :?
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

I thought that list was an urban legend or something?
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

As was my post - that's got to be the longest ever! :roll: