So Echoes or Shine on?

Echoes
49%
Shine on you crazy diamond
51%

Total votes: 43

pfco

Post by pfco »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:I just admire him for writing that piece of music, is all. :)
Usage of the word "genius" has fallen to the same fate that the word "love" has succombed to....it's tossed around so freely that its literal meaning is diluted, but it does not take away the fact that a thing can indeed be genius in how a person perceives it for him or herself. Therefore, to call someone a genius for the way an instrument is played, in one moment in time or many times, can be "genious", lyrics can be "genious"...once or many times, a reply to a question can be "genius", etc. etc.
I see no reason for you to backtrack about your choice of terminology FVP, it's the way you feel, and there is never anything wrong or incorrect about how *you* feel.

Sandy
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Cool. I guess I meant that it has a profound effect on me, on an emotional level. :)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Anyone like Atom Heart Mother more than either of them?
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

tough one, both are excellent songs...echoes is just so relaxing and deep, but i would have to go with shine one you crazy diamond, the instrumental parts are just amazing, and the sound is excellent
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

David Smith wrote:Anyone like Atom Heart Mother more than either of them?
No. (Still love it, though). Do you?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:No. (Still love it, though). Do you?
Don't like it as much, but it was a fantastic song eh? I think people often under rate the song and album. Over half the album i would say was brilliant (AHM and S68) which is IMO more so than PATGOD and SFOS.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Shine on, definitely. Both the music and the lyrics are the best of Pink Floyd. I also like the related lyrics to Syd Barrett. It's not that I don't like Echoes, that's also a great song.