Macca ?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Neil

Macca ?

Post by Neil »

Any Paul McCartney fans here?? I've got (expensive!!!) tickets to see the guy at the NIA in Birmingham.. I CAN'T WAIT :lol: !!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Macca ?

Post by Keith Jordan »

Not Now Neil wrote:Any Paul McCartney fans here?? I've got (expensive!!!) tickets to see the guy at the NIA in Birmingham.. I CAN'T WAIT :lol: !!!
I have a couple for Manchester MEN Arena!! Weh hey!!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Not Now Neil wrote:Any Paul McCartney fans here?? I've got (expensive!!!) tickets to see the guy at the NIA in Birmingham.. I CAN'T WAIT :lol: !!!
I'm going to that show too!!!!!
13 April?????

:lol:
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Thanks for rubbing it in guys-I will not be there due to a minor water issue between countries. I will watch the DVD again though :)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:
I'm going to that show too!!!!!
13 April?????

:lol:
I got tickets for the 14th !! What did you pay? Mine were £49.75 (that includes the booking fee :shock: ) Still it's definately worth it! Seeing Paul play Let it Be (and he better!) will be emotional stuff...
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

£69. That's for a coach and stuff too. Going with a friend. Canna wait. :)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Rolling Stones are charging up to 150 quid for a ticket. What a bloody rip off! I want to see them, but i'm not going to pay them that much.

They used to charge less when they were better and now they're millionares so why should they have the right to charge us more?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:They used to charge less when they were better and now they're millionares so why should they have the right to charge us more?

It is called supply and demand Mr David!! A load of my friends have tickets for the roling stones but I am a poor student and could only afford McCartney and Coldplay in April!!! Weh hey!!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

i hate supply and demand, even going by inflation values few bands ever have tried to charge anything like 75 quid for the lowest tickets. Now the stones are bout half as good a live act as they were 30 years ago and charge like 3 times as much. A total crime.

Seeing Coldplay at T in the park, and although i don't like them i've heard they're a great live act.

Anyone else going to T in the park? Scotland's best music festival held in Scotland's worst city. Come on, you all have to, John Squire, The Coral, The Music, Coldplay, The Charltans, Zwan and best of all REM!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I just got back from Manchester watching Paul McCartney and it was fantastic!!! Great show and well worth the £50. Even my 1/4 pounder burger was nice so I am happy!! I am watching Coldplay on Monday so that should be fun as well!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Ahh, just two more days to go... :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:Ahh, just two more days to go... :D
You will really enjoy it!! The show before the show is impressive. Beautiful stuff!!! The merchandise is too expensive though. £15 for a programme and £50 for t-shirts!!!! :roll: :(
Neil

Post by Neil »

kjnpf wrote:
Feeling Very Pink wrote:Ahh, just two more days to go... :D
You will really enjoy it!! The show before the show is impressive. Beautiful stuff!!! The merchandise is too expensive though. £15 for a programme and £50 for t-shirts!!!! :roll: :(
£50 for a T-shirt :o :shock: I really wanted one as well! Doh.. Still I'll have to wear my Rogers Waters T-shirt instead :lol:

Talking about expensive I ordered a bottle of Becks from this bar in Birmingham yesterday lunchtime - £3.40!!!!!!! :evil:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Not Now Neil wrote:Talking about expensive I ordered a bottle of Becks from this bar in Birmingham yesterday lunchtime - £3.40!!!!!!! :evil:
Disgusting! £1 where I come from on wednesdays!! :lol:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Well I saw macca on Monday night!! It was a good show - Pauls voice was pretty good - he struggled a bit with songs like 'My Love' which were too high for him.
His audience banter was top notch.. he spent ages talking about massages he'd had on the tour! He also took the mickey out of us Brummies and was generaly full of humour.. Infact I reckon he talked as much as he sang!! The highlights for me were 'Hey Jude' and 'Eleanor Rigby'.. it was nice because George Martin was in the audience..
8/10 - I gave Roger a 9/10 last year though :lol: