In the flesh sacd review

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

In the flesh sacd review

Post by drafsack »

Here is a link to In the flesh in SACD format.

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/revie ... ber=670449

I dont think they liked it
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

OK, I don't have this, I plan on getting the DVD version some time when I get a player so I really can't comment on the review from the perspective of someone with experience with it, plus I am so not into the geeky tech-speak of fidelity and mixing and such. BUT there's this line in there where the reviewer makes mention of notable omissions like works from DSOTM and The Wall, but, (and excuse me if *I'm* being stupid because I haven't had much sleep) I count 10 (ten) songs from those albums. That's out of 24 tracks, right?

Omissions?

I'm confused.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Mother wrote:I count 10 (ten) songs from those albums. That's out of 24 tracks, right?
Yep. I suppose the reviewer was looking for Hey You, that over-rated disco anthem Run Like Hell, and perhaps Us And Them? I don't know.

This is what Roger says in ITF's booklet:

"The running order for the CDs closely follows the tour's performance programme: my favourite songs, placed alongside one another, on the basis of how good they sound together. There are some omissions of course, most conspicuously from the Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall. Dark Side Of The Moon has been performed almost ad infinitum by another band and a double CD of live performances from The Wall shows was released recently.

"It seemed pointless to replicate the bulk of this material. Instead, I chose representative songs from these two works using the above criteria and placed them alongside rather more obscure pieces from my back catalogue."
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:This is what Roger says in ITF's booklet:

"...There are some omissions of course, most conspicuously from the Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall. Dark Side Of The Moon has been performed almost ad infinitum by another band...."
See, some people would see this as a mean comment, but I see it as an example of Roger's dry wit. :)
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Mother wrote:
Real Pink in the Inside wrote:This is what Roger says in ITF's booklet:

"...There are some omissions of course, most conspicuously from the Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall. Dark Side Of The Moon has been performed almost ad infinitum by another band...."
See, some people would see this as a mean comment, but I see it as an example of Roger's dry wit. :)
You don't use dry wit in a booklet. I think he was still just frustrated at that time.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Spinoza wrote:You don't use dry wit in a booklet. I think he was still just frustrated at that time.
:lol: Of course, how silly of me. It's against booklet rules. On page 5 of the booklet writers handbook. :lol:
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

:lol: :lol:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Mother wrote: :lol: Of course, how silly of me. It's against booklet rules. On page 5 of the booklet writers handbook. :lol:
LOL

You nearly made me cry :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Let us prray.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

kjnpf wrote:Let us prray.
:?
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Keith was drunk when he posted that maybe.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

He must have wrote it right after he threatened to ban someone on the Dave as a lyricist thread.He really needs a nap or cold shower.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

St Patrics Day was good for me!!! Who did I threaten to ban?!?!?! You should have edited it David Smith if it was uncalled for!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Guinenss hangover is rather good. I am rather ill and sitting in Uni in a computer suite. I am trying to steal software from the network!! :-)
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

I havent heard the SACD
i havent heard the CD
i have, however, heard the DVD (and seen it)

the reviewer goes into detail about the poor quality of the mix.
i have run the DVD in the background, on 5.1 DTS suround it its beautiful.

personally, i think this SACD is Roger's way of boycotting this new, and decidedly crappy, medium.

although i could be wrong, and the old coot actually likes this shit.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

I have not heard the SACD. That said, I have the regular cd and I think that the sound on the cd is awesome (I have a damn good sound system) and the selection is pretty good. I happen to like it, so there! :D