Harrison: Without John Lennon, the band no longer existed.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Harrison: Without John Lennon, the band no longer existed.

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

ROGER & THE BEATLES: In a never-before-seen interview from 1994 included in the forthcoming "Beatles: Anthology" DVD box set, George Harrison said The Beatles were a quartet and that without John Lennon, the band no longer existed. "We weren't going to get Roger Waters and go out as The Beatles," Harrison said.
-- Posted 18 March 2003 © Brain Damage --

Source: http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/

:lol:

Well, what do you think of that?
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Ahhh gotta love George.

He was always my favorite Beatle.

:lol:
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Fortunately that didn't happen to Pink Floyd :)
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Fortunately what?
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Fortunately what?
Fortunately they continued on without Roger as Pink Floyd because I like much of the Post Waters material. Now, would I feel the same about The Beatles if they carried on without Lennon, while keeping the Beatles name?

Quite honestly I don't know, although I'll admit that I often think about it. I have more of an emotional attachement to Pink Floyd than I do the beatles so I'm Biased. I tend to believe that the Beatles probably could not of carried on without John in the same sense as Floyd did because of the incredible impact that the Beatles were. The Beatles changed the world of music in many ways and with that began the British invasion. Society as a whole has a much different view of the Beatles than they do Pink Floyd, so they probably would not have been given the lee-way that Pink Floyd was.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Opinions aside about the quality of output from Pink Floyd post "The Wall" but I think you have a good point. The Beatles would not be too much without John. Saying that, my favourite Beatles song is yesterday. Sad song but beautiful indeed.