The missing link of Syd Barrett

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
arnold crow
Blade
Blade

The missing link of Syd Barrett

Post by arnold crow »

SInce there are Syd's fans right here, just like me, does anyone heard about Steve Peregrine Took album called;The Missing Link To Tyrannosaurus Rex. It was released in 1995 but was actualy recorded in early 1972.Anyway, Syd Barrett is credited to play guitar and to have perform various noises...but there is not indication about witch song he played..except for one song that is called Syd's wine. Considering the fact that Syd did play with that band called (Stars) during that period and Took is rumorded to play the percussions on Lanky and ramadham maby he was invited to the sudios to record some bits...I don't have the album and it seems to be prety rare around here.If there is any Steve Took fan out there maby you can tell me...I guess this is a bit of a mystery.the album also fetures Twink on drums and Twink did play with Barrett in 72.
song list:

SCORPIUS
LUCKY CHARM
FLOPHOUSE BLUES(IN THE MOUNTAIN GRILL)
SEVENTH SIGN
DAYS
I CAUSION YOU
GIVE
MOLECULAR LUCKY CHARM
SYD'S WINE
FLOPHOUSE BLUES(REPRISE)
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

arnold crow
Blade
Blade

Post by arnold crow »

thanks man! nice link...
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Too bad they don't have an mp3 for the 19-minute long Rhamadam...wouldn't mind hearing that. Although, the other two tracks were kind of interesting, but not amazing. Lanky part 1 was cool. Nice vibes, or whatever those chiming things were.
arnold crow
Blade
Blade

Post by arnold crow »

In fact there was an error in the title of theses tracks, i mean not in that site but in general. Lanky p1 was mistacken for Ramadam when in fack that track(Ramadam) was another track. David Parker wrote an exellent description of Ramadam in his book random Presicion.In 68, syd had enough tracks to make a record!

tracks;

Lanky p1
Lanky p2
Ramadam
Silas Lang
Swan Lee
Golden Hair(inst)
clowns and Jugglers
Vegetable Man
Scream Thy Last Scream
late night
In the Beechwoods

Of course the tracks were more obcur and less comercial but pure Syd Barrett.
maurock
Embryo
Embryo

Re: The missing link of Syd Barrett

Post by maurock »

taking up this old article to ask some questions: in which songs does syd really play? I read for example that in Syd's wine he doesn't play at all. On a collection of HYGIY it appears instead playing on Molecular Lucky Charm and Syd's wine