The who?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

The who?

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Right. In my blinkered vision of the USA I see only two things: kids with guns and J Lo at Number 1 52 weeks a year. :wink:
So, how many of these pop acts, all popular in the UK (:?), are you Americans vaguely familar with? :?:

Liberty X. :o
Sugerbabes. :?
Robbie Williams. :roll:
Atomic Kitten. :x
Gareth Gates. :x
Daniel Beddingfield. :oops:

Hmm, forgotten everything... :arrow:
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

I'm familiar with pretty much all of them, but then again I'm English, and just happen to live in the US. None of them are particularly popular over here, although you may find some people who are familiar with Robbie Williams.
A lot of British bands have big followings over here, but don't get very high on the charts, a good example is Oasis. They could probably sell out at a mid sized venue (which indeed they did when I saw them in Detroit last year), but won't shift a lot of albums, or get a lot of airtime. If you listen to the classic rock stations though, i'd say it's made up of about 70% British acts.
Last edited by dgsyd1 on Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

dgsyd1 wrote:Oasis... could probably sell out at a mid sized venue (which indeed they did when I saw them in Detroit last year), but won't shift a lot of albums, or get a lot of airtime.
I'm pleased about that for some reason. :) Being popular live, I mean.
dgsyd1 wrote:If you listen to the classic rock stations though, i'd say it's made up of about 70% British acts.
Hmm, interesting. Beatles and Zeppelin, I suppose, amongst others... :P