Cool on campus

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I thought we were supposed to be able to say what we thought as long as it wasn't hurtfull.I for 1 don't think there is anything wrong with taking acid,mushrooms,and a few other drugs.Just remember that you want to control the drugs not let it control you.We are talking about doing them every once and a while.Isn't it better if people can ask questions about the(educating I guess you could call it)drugs and thier side effects rather than sticking your head in the sand & saying don't talk about that.I'd rather tell some young person the truth about my drug use & have them learn from my trips.Telling them how much to use and what not to do rather than have them get hurt because no 1 would tell them the truth is far better.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

alcohol and weed should not be taken in excess i agree RPITI. i have seen a kid who was mentally hooked on weed for the most part, he was smoking 3 times a day, and every weekend last year i would go over to my friends house with a few of my buddies and they would all get high, and i would just kinda hang out in the back and not do anything. eventually it got kinda boring for them, so that kind of faded out, and im glad for the most part, they were always tired and not up to doing alot of stuff. im glad those days are over. i mean, its cool if you smoke weed, but remember who you're around when you do it, and dont let it take over much of your life, because it can happen even though its not a "heavy" drug.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

Do we need a new forum rule here? No promoting the use of "hard drugs" but general discussion is okay?[/quote]

I aint pomoting the use of hard drug i had a fiend blow his head off wen whacked out on some stuff. all i said is if he whats to try something he should do it i shoold had said to do it with people you caan trust.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Tommy, i've probably said this before, but i to knew a kid mentally hooked on weed, it was just as you described it. This guy is now facing court for doing hoax terrorist calls, has dropped out of school with no qualifications and has ultimatly wasted his life.

Stiggs, i'm very sorry to hear about your friend who died, and i couldn't imagine how bad it must have been for you to watch it happen.

I reckon seeing as this is the holidays it may be worth trying a bit more weed 'cause i'm gettin' drunk anyway at somepoint, and although i have asthma it probably only went bad last time because it was my first time. Maybe later a bit of mushrooms, but no way would i go further than that, especially not after Stigg's story.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I'm against trying mushrooms, but it's your life...

You should maybe bake up some brownies with a bit of pot in them sometime (Don't drink alcohol with em though! LOL). That way your asthma won't act up. Just make sure to eat a little bit and sit for about thirty minutes. It takes a while for it to kick it when you eat the stuff, but it certainly gives you quite the high.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

After the last few days of my life i'm going to think twice about drugs, all true stuff:

I was taken by surprise when an old friend (Gregor) called me up asking me to come up to his house, basically i hadn't seen this guy in a year so i thought why not? I got there, all quite quiet, until another of his friends named Darren comes round.

Me and Darren knew eachother some time abck when we were in a band which i guess broke up because of the 2 of us so he wasn't best pleased to see me, but anyway, he had 3 other guys with him and a bag of mushrooms.

Feeling a bit under the weather i declined them, a good 80 quids worth was there, this guy Darren owed his dealer 60 quid and would give him it the next day (he'd only just taken it from the bank after being paid, and the drugs were 2 days old, on the way he'd just missed his dealer) and 'cause he was getting wrecked he gave me the 60 to guard.

As the night continued a few sorts came round, so being the lad i am i tried to charm them, although i lacked the charisma i had of my stage days as a singer, now i just had lost it. I ended up drinking it down fine with a girl named Sophie who basically forced vodka down my neck as she spoke to me, a second wouldn't pass without her offering me it or taking some herself.

Eventually i was hammered and decided to stagger home. As i went back i thought i was forgetting something but couldn't remember what, it was all a blur.

2 days later i discovered 60 quid in one of my wallets, it then occured to me what ahd happened. I got a call later in the day from Darren who'd only just discovered my house number - must have gotten it off my old friend Gregor) and demanded to speak to me. His dealer had given him a beating for not having the 60 quid and he wanted to speak to me.

Eventually i met him, he had a friend with him who's name i never picked up, but clearly he could find out where i lived if he wanted. All communications with him used to be done through gregor and he knew where i lived so luck wasn't on my side. I gave him the 60, by this poitn i'd told another friend to call me at exactly 10 on the mobile so i could fake it as a call from the house, however, come 10 to i was being shoved in to a bench and being booted down a hill.

What can i say? As a result of alcohol and drugged up ex friends i got seven shades of **** beaten out of me, and for that reason i don't wrecken i'm taking drugs again, i wouldn't want to be in any way caught in a cycle like that again. After what they did to me while on druggs i want to take them about as much as a beaten down kid that gets it cause his dad's an alcoholic.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

wow david sorry bout that man, thats too bad

anyways, i have a little story. a few weeks ago my two friends sam and william and i decided to get drunk, but we needed to get the alcohol. so we waited outside a gas station for a college student to walk by, then we asked him to buy us a case of beer, and he did, so we had 24 lonestars in our possession, which is cheap beer. anyhow, we went to williams brothers apartment and started drinking them. after about 3 i was pretty drunk, but i kept on going. after 7 i threw up a few times and filled up a toilet, and i had two more. by that time i could barely stand, and someone offered me some KB (really good weed) and i smoked a little bit. i am never doing that again, i got sooooo messed up, i dont remember barely anything. so after that we walked to a donut shop and i gave the guy a 5 dollar tip on accident, but i think he appreciated it. anyhow, alot more happened that night that my friends havent really told me that i did, but i assume that its incredibly embarrasing. anyways, the moral of the story (if there is one) is that i need to worry about acting more sober when im drunk, because my friends said if we had seen a cop that night, i would have gotten a PI, which is public intoxication, and that would be bad
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

drafsack wrote:Hay David

I teach post 16 students for a living, look forward to a life of working in McDonalds/Sainsburys/KFC etc. while trying to fit in studying, drinking, listening to underground groups, complaining when they become popular for selling out, wearing the same clothes for a year, nicking other peoples food out of the fridge etc. Alternativly you could alway go and get a job and contribute towards society for a while. The choice is yours.

What ever you do enjoy yourself!!
Thats about the common story here at G.W. in D.C.
( except i don't teach ) :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I'm sorry that happened to you, David. :(
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

I wonder how many of the people they find (or have not found. Yet)
beaten real bad or dead was from a drug deal gone bad?
Its sad that some guys get taken over by dope. :( :roll:
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

Basically my feelings on people doing drugs is this:

Don't believe all propoganda. But don't believe everything people tell you about things. Opinions are like looking at things through translucent glass...some of the image gets through, but it really it's distorted. Weed, Alcohol, Coke, LSD, Crystal Meth, all that crap, if you've never done it, you don't know anything about it.

Don't do something you don't understand. Has anyone ever drank a ton without realizing the consequences of what happens later on? You get real sick, or you can get really rowdy, not to mention the horrible hangover. Weed? Yeah you get stoned, and there's no proof that it's addictive, but really, you can be mentally addicted to weed. You won't feel right unless you're high, such was my case for a while. It was hard as hell to get off that habit. Ecstacy is a whole other story. One pill can and in some cases will put holes in your brain. Coke? Nobody ever really mentions what happens when you actually do coke...you have this feeling that you want to do more. And once you do more, guess what? You want to do more! I don't think I'm that strong willed, I just know I'd get addicted REAL quick if I tried it.

I mean, would you skydive without being properly trained and checked out first? Make sure you have all the safety devices? Of course not. I'm not saying people should try drugs, I'm not saying all people should do this drug, or that drug...

What I'm saying is this: Do you need to try a drug? Is there ever a need to try something of that nature? Remember, there is a huge difference between want and need. Doing what you want to do is light years different than doing something you need to do. Maybe I want to get high, but right now I need to do my homework.

And just for the record that guy who died really wasn't my friend, tho he kinda was. I just met that guy that night, he was so happy cuz he was so fucked up that he was chatting with everyone, dancing like a smiling fool and all that stuff. Drugs can be real fun, no doubt about it, but I realized that there are much more important things going on in my life.

And to end my rant with a quote from "Fear And Loating In Las Vegas":
"You can turn your back on a person, but you should never turn your back on a drug."