Pink Floyd 2003 Tour with Roger Waters?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
BrufordRules
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd 2003 Tour with Roger Waters?

Post by BrufordRules »

Hi, sorry if this was posted before but I read in a site that Pink Floyd will be touring around the world with Roger Waters in April of this year with 17 concerts in a row in London. Is it true?

Thank you in advanced.

Peace.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

April fools. Next question? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

what a depressingly shit april fools joke to play when there are so many people like me who would kill to see pink floyd with roger waters play
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

What's even more depressing (to me, anyway) is the number of people utterly unwilling to accept the fact that Roger Waters will NEVER re-unite with Pink Floyd under that name.

There are rumors floating around that Roger is on good terms again with not only Nick, but with Rick as well...however this does not even bode well for a reconstitued Floyd with Roger taking over and the guys leaving Dave at home.

Roger's whole point all along is that it's simply not Pink Floyd without all four of them...he's even been rather complimentary of Gilmour's input of late (even when he's reminding people that Gilmour maybe didn't bring as much as some would like to think,) so the chances of Roger simply stepping in for Dave are pretty nil.

Roger has no desire or need to work with Gilmour again. This is what will prevent a full-fledged reunion from happening.

Anyone even slightly familiar with the character of Roger Waters knows that he's a man who prides himself on his integrity...he's not about to sacrifice his integrity for the sake of a few bucks...he doesn't have to.

Simply put...ROGER WILL NEVER AGAIN PLAY UNDER THE NAME PINK FLOYD!!!! IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND QUIT WHINING LIKE A BUNCH OF TREKKIES WANTING WILLIAM SHATNER TO PUT THE PAJAMAS BACK ON AND GO PLANET HOPPING AGAIN!!! IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!!

Whew...sorry for the yell, but sometimes the only way to make a point is loudly.

And that's a point that needed to be made, I feel.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:x What no Kirk in the next trek flick AAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Mosespa-you have some great arguments that i believe should be saved for the role playing! :lol: :lol:
bmet
Knife
Knife

Post by bmet »

I still say just make a new album.That's all I want!!!!
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I will be married with kids before that happens
The Lunatic
Embryo
Embryo

Post by The Lunatic »

I always think that the Roger & Dave relation now is just like John & Paul of Beatles was. Their ego is too big to give a handshake! But if one die, the other will tell with good word & that's all!
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Like mosespa says I dont think it really matters if Roger gets along with Nick & Rick or not as really neither of them has made that much of a contribution musically to the band for the past 25 years. Really though if it was just for a tour I dont thinkeven Roger would only effect things on a credability level not a musical one.

I think most of the reason Rogers been more friendly lately has been because pink floyd has been inactive for almost a decade now not out stealing his thunder.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Libby74D wrote:I will be married with kids before that happens
I agree :lol: :lol:
THE LUNATIC DARKSIDE 73
Embryo
Embryo

Post by THE LUNATIC DARKSIDE 73 »

My heart tells me a new Pink Floyd album would be fantastic Waters or no Waters, remember how good Division Bell was and where was Waters then.

My head tells me we had periods of inactivity before but l think this one is sadly permanent

Thank you PF for the legacy you have left us and goodnight.